Crab in Star Polyps Id please

leviwin

Just got back from the lfs with some new star polyps and found a harlaquin shrimp and some sort of crab. Can't get any pictures of him, but sure would like to know what kind he could be. I'll keep on trying, but for now I'll just try to desribe it. It is white and brown with some little hairs on him.
Thanks!!!!

chinnyr

Sure wish my lfs would let me keep the hitchikers.They always pick them off and keep them.Anyway,from my experience the hairy crabs are sometimes harmful.If you decide to keep him,keep an eye on him especially after the tank lights are out at night.Also,you could probably just take him back to the store and let them know you don't want him.

leviwin

Don't think they knew about them because they pulled off all the other hitchhikers. These guys just hid in the cracks. Anyways do you know of any good place on the net to look at different types of crabs?

chinnyr

Sorry,I can't remember any sites at the moment.I just did a search on yahoo for "hairy crab".One site came up from Australia with a few pics.Nothing really close to the looks of mine.I'll post this to bump you up a bit.