Crappiest Reef Contest!!!!!!!!!!

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by Hefner413
Haha - It's a split acrylic tank - two sides with two horizontal tubes connecting the two. It's a SeaClear Tank. I've looked for one similar, but can't find one. I bought it used. It was pretty old - about 15 yrs old, and pretty beat up. I buffed out the acrylic with Novus and sanded/refinished the stand.
The fish love to swim back and forth - and some "surf" in current in the tubes.
the biggest disadvantage is that it kinda limits me on space in a way - like having 2 small tanks rather than 1 large one.
Since I can't take it out, can I still get your vote?!
hef....you got my vote man hope ya win cuz your fish are cute and they need the real stuff, oh and the split tank thing is cool theres one at my lawyers office-i love that thing

hefner413

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
hef....you got my vote man hope ya win cuz your fish are cute and they need the real stuff, oh and the split tank thing is cool theres one at my lawyers office-i love that thing
You all are too kind. I'm getting a little excited... but then again I'm realizing that I'm in the running for the "crappiest reef".
I just can't wait to finally have a full LIVE Reef.
Good luck all!

team2jndd

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
65g AGA w/ 2x150 mh. Tank is only a couple months old and i'm really lookin for some new frags.

Thats a 65? I'm not the tang/angel police but...

reefkprz

Originally Posted by Hefner413
Since I can't take it out, can I still get your vote?!
You have my vote, ditch the castles (I'm not a judge so my votwe doesnt count but thaose nearly gave me a heart attack)
I love the split tank, thats cool as all get out, must be a pain to keep the connecting tube clear of growth. I would let coraline grow over the back half of the tubes and keep just the front clear.

hefner413

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
ditch the castles (I'm not a judge so my vote doesnt count but thaose nearly gave me a heart attack)
HA
Yeah, tell me about it. They were neat for a few seconds - until I saw everybody's tanks here on SWF - and then I began to dislike the castles more and more. My wife and daughter like them, but they are starting to see that replacing them with LIVE coral is sooo much better. I'll be getting more LR soon, and the castles will be coming out while the rock is curing.
Originally Posted by reefkprZ

must be a pain to keep the connecting tube clear of growth. I would let coraline grow over the back half of the tubes and keep just the front clear.
Yeah, I've ordered a Gulfstream mag float from SWF - I'm hoping that it will make the turn into the tubes so I can clean them out easier. AND cool idea with the coraline. I'll try it out.

bnutz24

got the winner here ... just starting can hold sps and boy does it need it. my param are perfect for the last 2 weeks. I can breathe easier now I have everything in check. Go ahead seed the starter reef

V

vicegrip

How set are the rules?
Because I would like to post more pictures but the rules say "one full tank shot, keeping with the photo size requirements of swf.com (500 x 500 maximum)."

S

surfinusa

The pressure is on. (Imagine me in the background playin a snare drum for affect)

seasalt101

i'm entering 150 gal. 55 sump/fuge, 3 x 250w mh 10000k 4 x 96 actinics, 2100
gph flow in dt, 170lbs. lr, 100lbs. ls 1 mushroom coral doin real good, here it is

msez2u

Bnutz...Honey can I buy you some more rock that poor tank makes me wanna take a second job just to help you out. If I was voting I would say you have these guys beat hands down....All my husband could say when he saw your tank pictures were..what the heck is that, omg that poor tank has nothing ohhh I wish we could help him out. Keep your chin up someday it will look great.

bill109

Originally Posted by team2jndd
lol.. tht made my day..
can i enter? just for fun? i dont even have enought light for a BTA lol only softie. but if i had the light i would be in the top 5 !

jtwilson

Originally Posted by team2jndd

shhhhhh......listen.......i can hear sirens in the distance. watch out cause hear they come.

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by seasalt101
i'm entering 150 gal. 55 sump/fuge, 3 x 250w mh 10000k 4 x 96 actinics, 2100
gph flow in dt, 170lbs. lr, 100lbs. ls 1 mushroom coral doin real good, here it is
tobin did you notice thats the pic of the fish watching finding nemo?

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by Bnutz24
got the winner here ... just starting can hold sps and boy does it need it. my param are perfect for the last 2 weeks. I can breathe easier now I have everything in check. Go ahead seed the starter reef
wow bnutz you are pretty bare there maybe i'll swap my vote