Crazy Study

azocean709

I have bought some xenias about 3 months ago...they were doing good at the LFS till i put um in my tank. then they shrank up and would not pulse. i took them out of QT and put them in DT and they still....shrunk up and lookin bad for a month.. a rose bubble tip anemone crawled all over them and brushed them, and suddenly they came back to life. growing...pulsing...blah blah blah. so...in disbelief i tried again. I got some xenias from the same store. put um in the q tank....they turned to crap...< water perameters almost identical to LFS...and flow, and lighting> I then went to Jacksonville to another fish store and bought some xenias from there....i took them to the house and put them in another q tank...same water perameters, they turned to crap. to make a long story short, i got xenias in 5 differant tanks from 5 differant stores, they all turned to crap, even after months of this and that. i brushed them with a RBTA all the same night and all the little suckers came back from the crap in no more than 2 hours. i left 5 more in 5 other tanks and let them sit...they still were not doing good. one xenia colony at a time in each tank i brushed with a RBT monday. it came back to life 57 minutes.Tuesday i did another...it started pulsing and expanded in 15 minutes, Wendsday, it came back from the dead in 35 minutes, Thursday i did again and it came back in 22 minutes, Friday, 9 minutes. now i have 10 tanks in the living room...the ol lady is ticked off, and i have a buttload of xenias. i don't know why, or how. but something in the anemone has brought these creatures back, i am doing the test all over and going to video it. might be on to a little wonder of the sea. . I have a couple marine biologist friends that are going to do the same test and maybe they can explain why. or what triggers the sudden life of these creatures when brushed with the anemone...my second testing i am going to try with differant types of anemones and my LFS has donated 5 differant species of anemones for the testing. so hopefully we will come up with and explanation. thought yall might be interested in this, hopefully this will answer many questions to the "NON PULSING or the SHRINKING of the xenias.

azocean709

ohyeah...me either...LOL now see..this is the weird part. I wanted to make sure that it wasnt my water, so i dipped into 20 gallons of the water that the xenia came from to begin with at the LFS. something during transport...<a whole 10 minutes> messes um up. its not cold here....i live in florida, they don't really get shaken around on the way here, I don't know....we are gonna figure it out though.! i assure ya of that.