crazy X is having a sale!!!!!!

mr_x

i'm having a sale on red sea pumping xenia!
step right up! come one, come all....5 bucks a stalk. it's insane!
you'll love it. it will pump, people will ask about it, they will marvel at it...and you'll hate it, because it will overrun your tank!
WOOHOO..it's wonderful!

faqbch99

I got mine from Mr_X on Monday... It's pumping.. got to give it time to take over my tank before i can hate it, right now it is a really nice space filler.

spanko

Speaking of crowded, how much die-off do you see from coral touching each other and do you do anything about it when it happens or just let the nature take it's course?

kevin34

I may be interested a little ways down the road (tank is still pretty young). What do you do with it once it starts to take over and if no one wants to buy it? Bring it to a LFS?

mr_x

Originally Posted by alix2.0
http:///forum/post/2624686
how are you shipping? i already have brown xenia but would like some of the lighter.
i would imagine that USPS, or ground would be the only affordable option. i'd suggest getting some friends together for a "group buy" to save shipping, and make it worth my while(i'd have to buy a box, shipping supplies...bla bla bla for a 5 dollar item otherwise)

btw- i think i replied to everyone who pm'ed me . if i didn't, it was accidental. please pm me again if so.
also, shipping a single head of xenia for 5 dollars is more trouble than it's worth. i encourage local pickup and as stated above....get some local reefers that want this invasive weed to make a group purchase to make it worth my while.

mr_x

Originally Posted by Kevin34
http:///forum/post/2624680
I may be interested a little ways down the road (tank is still pretty young). What do you do with it once it starts to take over and if no one wants to buy it? Bring it to a LFS?

you can set something up with the LFS in your area. i'm sure they'd be glad to take it for credit.
i usually wait until it completely covers a rock and then sell the rock and all, then purchase a new rock

it would seem that alot of people want a large amount of stuff for their new tanks...and they like something that grows fast(in the early stages of reef keeping).
the tank you see in the pics is only about 8 months or so old, and this is the growth i've gotten so far

mr_x

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2623898
Speaking of crowded, how much die-off do you see from coral touching each other and do you do anything about it when it happens or just let the nature take it's course?
i've noticed that recently a green mille has touched a blue polyp digi colony- the BPD has lost about an inch of it's tissue at that spot.
i let nature takes it's course, unless i paid a ton of money for the coral, and it's the one that begins to lose the war

i tried to hold back the xenia with that frogspawn colony, but it seems they just decide to live in harmony