creature I.D.

ramba

I used live rock to cycle my QT tank several months ago and there have been these critters on the glass for 3 months. They started out as zeppelin shaped whitish clear "tubes" with "eyelash" ends like a tube worm. The largest ones are about 8 mm. long and the smallest are 3mm. They are now all turning brown and don't look very healthy. They are stuck to the glass by their ends-should I take them all out with tweezers? Need my Qt tank soon for a new fish and I'm afraid they will cause a problem. Don't have the technology for a picture of them. Thanks!:confused:

ramba

Yes! Those are the creatures. Thank you for the picture. Anxious to find out what they are.

ramba

Thanks all for the response. I feel so much better! Had me going there for a second, Compliance.

clarkiiboi

I seen a few posts over six months ago about this and remembered where to look......Do a search under "pineapple" and look for the members mightyoxjuice and twohippies (that's their pic I attached), there is some info there, not alot, but some........probably alot under Q-tip sponge search though. HTH