Critique another photo for me...

B

baymonkey

What Aperture and ISO setting are you using?? Do you use a flash, or just the natural light? One more, how much tweaking are you doing in photoshop?
BTW, love your pics, you have to upgrade to CS2 it's a whole new world...

N

n_sarno

Nice photos, except I'm not a huge fan of the black and white one.. i think family photos.. landscapes etc its different.. But coral and fish are much to beautiful to be captured in black and white.. JMHO
Nick

nm reef

Originally Posted by baymonkey
What Aperture and ISO setting are you using?? Do you use a flash, or just the natural light? One more, how much tweaking are you doing in photoshop?
BTW, love your pics, you have to upgrade to CS2 it's a whole new world...

When shooting the aquarium I normally shot in AV mode and use the largest aperture possible...with these that was f 4.0 (using Canons 17-85 f/4.0-5.6 lens)
For aquarium shots I like ISO of 100 most of the time...no flash...
editing consists of levels...maybe a slight curves adjustment....I sometimes adjust shadows & highlights...maybe hue & saturation...fairly basic stuff in an attempt to produce photos that represent what my eye sees.

saltn00b

wow you use only ISO 100 ? do you get most of your shots coming out very blurry?
i seem to only get quality pics when i manually adjust shutter speed or turn it up to ISO 400 (my camera's max ISO)

lion_crazz

NM, your pictures are beautiful. My favorite is the color photo with the clowns. That is absolutely frameable (not to say that the other two are anything short of amazing).
I am not crazy about the black and white either. You posted some incredible landscape photos which were black and white not too long ago(all of which I had to save because they were so beautiful), but I am not really crazy about this aquarium black and white.