crocea with torn mantle!!

fishieness

help! last night i got a millipora and i was temp acclimating it. and the bag had come loose and was blown around by powerheads a little. apparently it went strait in my clam and the clam closed shut on it. i had not realized it at first because there was too much surface aggitation to look down and see, but when i pulled the bag away, the crocea and the small rock it is on came with it!!!!!
then today i see there is a small tear in the mantle. the clam is open and appears to be okay, but the tear is about 3/4s of a cm. so it is pretty small. i am assuming it can recover form this, but am not sure. i know the tearing of the byssas threads can be bad if done too close, but im not sure about the mantle.
help!
and thanks.

dea_mt

i'm not positive but i think they can recover from mantle damage. as long as the foot isn't damaged u should be ok.

fishieness

Originally Posted by DEA_MT
i'm not positive but i think they can recover from mantle damage. as long as the foot isn't damaged u should be ok.
that is what i thought too. in fact i was pretty sure of it, but i wasnt 100% positive so i figured id ask. also, not a lot is torn, and is still connected, it isnt like a huge piece was cut off so now it wont have enough zooxanthellae to survive without supplimental feedings. plus it is open now and looking good, while if the same thing happened to the foot it could be dead in hours.
thanks!