CSL No More...Other Bulb Suggestions?

olsenjb

It's been a while since I've been on the message board. My tank has been doing so well with the advice received here, that I haven't had to post any questions for a while.
Anyway, I have a CSL 4x65W Power Compact Retro over my 55 gallon tank. It's time to buy new bulbs, and I just learned that CSL has gone out of business. I was curious as to what other manufactures of 65W Square Pin PC bulbs folks on here would recommend? Also, is there really much difference between 8,800K and 10,000K? Thanks.

olsenjb

What makes you say CSL actinic bulbs were fake? I've been using them for over 2 years, and the growth of my corals has been fantastic...I can't imagine that would be so if the actinic bulbs were fake. Anyway, thanks for the reply. I'll check hellolights.

olsenjb

Great thread...thanks for passing that along to me. How has your coral growth been effected with the true 03 bulbs versus the old CSL Ultra-Actinic bulbs? Do you get your 03 bulbs from hellolights as well?

wjwaz59

I realize this is an old thread to resurrect, but I followed this through to purchasing new tru actinics to replace my CSL "actinics". WOW ! what a difference in the way the tank looks, and my corals are opening larger than before. This thread solved some of my frustrations in the way some pics looked from other tanks compared to mine. The bulb change made a huge difference.
I've been following the slower is better route in bringing my tank along. Adding the skimmer (just under two months now), and now the bulb change.... great stuff, and only did it because of the posts on this board.
Another great piece of advice from this board. Thanks again.