Cuntruction of my Aquasacping.

msd2

Originally Posted by ROYAL GANG
i had a rediculously hard time setting up my rocks, damn it was HARD :mad:
I ended up using a fair amount of resin/putty stuff worked very well. and you can never have too much lr :)

kayak385

Originally Posted by msd2
I ended up using a fair amount of resin/putty stuff worked very well. and you can never have too much lr :)
very nice

beatlesfan

awsome guys! The only thing that im worried about is when i put the base rock on the glass bottom and then fill it with sand i am going to have 5"deep sand bed and i dont want the sand bed to coverup 25lbsof rock.

msd2

Originally Posted by Beatlesfan
awsome guys! The only thing that im worried about is when i put the base rock on the glass bottom and then fill it with sand i am going to have 5"deep sand bed and i dont want the sand bed to coverup 25lbsof rock.
check with your lfs they probably have cheaper lr that is perfect for what your talking about. Under the crusty purple I originally purchased cured lr with very little life. A few months later you will be shocked how much growth has sprung up.

bloke

As you can see I'm not in any position to give advice, but I thought about doing the double pyramid thing and slowly close the gap between them as you add more rock. Even creating bridges as you do.
This way you don't have to have a small pile of 4 pieces in the middle of your tank making it look scarce... This pictures comes from 20 days into this project

ginarox

wow!!! those are some amazing. heres mine, not very good, but you can get an ideal...good luck, have a great day...heres another hopefully this one is better...the lights are off, thats why it looks like that,,not very pretty..

freejury

Originally Posted by tank watch
i use the pyramid method, creating caves along the way
Tank Watch, love your tank!! Looks similar to mine! Really Similar. I tried to build some stacks & caves, which has worked well for water movement. The left stack is gone right now, due to some fragging work.

djboozealot

Originally Posted by msd2
what is the resin or putty you are talking about? are you "gluing" the rocks together in the shapes you want?