Cupramine Question -

cwhite

I know all about Hypo and have both read about it and used it with both success and failure in the past. I recently used cupramine to treat a new hippo tang that was showing some severe scratching in my qtank. My question is - I have had the fish under treatment for the directed 14 days - actually for 17 days. The fish is healthy happy and ready to go to the display tank. Do I need to remove the cupramine first or will the proper acclimation to my display tank be OK. I was unsure of the transition from treated water to untreated?

dreeves

Put him back in the main. If you fear of the meds following him, put him in a little container of your tank water for a few minutes to give him a chance to exhale and cleanse himself out a little bit. Then put him back in.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Acclimate the fish per usual, but do not dump any of the hospital tank water into the main tank. You can change out the water by adding tank water into the acclimation container, then throwing out some water, until you basically only have tank water in your acclimation container, and no hospital water.

cwhite

Thanks to all for your replies - I probably was not as clear on the scratching. The fish was scratching soon after I purchased it and had had in QT for a few days. I then started the treatment and have not seen any scratching in over 12 days.
Thanks again - It goes in my tank in the morning.