Curiouse how much everyone has invested into your tank/tanks?

teviesfish

I knew going in that this wasnt a cheep hobby. But was just curious to what everyone has into there tanks. I think we are roughly at $8000.00 and counting. No where close to finished. I think i have 500.00 in corals alone. And i definaltly want more of them. Any amounts?

teviesfish

ROTFLMAO... that SAYS alot with out giving a price range...I am guessing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

teviesfish

OMGGGGG SO Funny!!! how many tanks do you have? i have three... 29 gal qt tank oceanic bio cube... a 45 gallon qt tank.... and a 75 gallon reef

bonebrake

I'm just kidding.
I only have a 24 gal. JBJ nano cube and I setup a 12 gal. JBJ nano cube for my wife in her office. We probably have a total of $1500 in our tanks including everything you could imagine. On our income that is a ton of money, but we love our fishes!
:joy:

teviesfish

giggles... any saltwater tanks is alot of money on anyones budget... we set up our 45 as our tank..with out doing the qt tank first... big mistake.. so got the nano cube... and then hubby found the 75 and impulse buy but still we love it... and the price is getting higher and higher... sometimes i hear this from hubby when he gets fustrateed... " that is it!!! i am done spending money" ... and then he brings something else home LOL

reef bug

We started a 120 gallon reef in our bedroom at the foot of the bed about 18 months ago. We quit counting after $4000 and its very far from finished.
Denial is much easier to live with.

lamaface

hahaha, im with reef bug... I've got 4 tanks (100G, 55G, 30GQT and my baby, my 260G reef)... ive spent about $14000 on all my tanks...without taking into account livestock...lol, i can't afford my other 2 tanks (100G and 55G) so i must sell them... dammit..

teviesfish

I would LOVE To have a tank that is in wall seperating two rooms... so you can see it from both sides ...and massive...but then i would have to be loaded so then i could afford to not work and devote all my time to caring for the massive tank

sharkbait9

Well the newest figure is in. As per my fiancé, we could have paid for our wedding 2 and a half times all ready.
rock is expensive, and no that was not the right answer i gave her.

merredeth

If my husband is asking what our total investment is - $100.00.

I can ALWAYS tell him my tanks cost less than Corvettes. That generally shuts his hole real fast. Come to think of it, tank maintenance is also cheaper than our insurance. However, if he decides to upgrade any cars again any time soon, I've already threatened to take all his sound and light equipment away and sell it all to the lowest bidder.
However, if others are asking - I quit counting after I realized I could have paid for gold braces on TWO kids with what I had invested in the tanks. :scared:
Denise M.

reef bug

That's funny Merredeth!
I equate my tank expenditures to the money my husband spends on Marlboros which I think is a total waste of money.
HOW MUCH was that coral???? Hhmmm..only about 1 carton!

PS...the same response works when you find a great shoe sale at the mall! I got a cool pair of sandals that I didnt really need but had to have them...they only cost about 2 and a 1/2 packs!

teviesfish

Originally Posted by Merredeth
If my husband is asking what our total investment is - $100.00.

I can ALWAYS tell him my tanks cost less than Corvettes. That generally shuts his hole real fast. Come to think of it, tank maintenance is also cheaper than our insurance. However, if he decides to upgrade any cars again any time soon, I've already threatened to take all his sound and light equipment away and sell it all to the lowest bidder.
However, if others are asking - I quit counting after I realized I could have paid for gold braces on TWO kids with what I had invested in the tanks. :scared:
Denise M.

You always crack me up...Missed seeing you on msn

teviesfish

Originally Posted by Reef Bug
That's funny Merredeth!
I equate my tank expenditures to the money my husband spends on Marlboros which I think is a total waste of money.
HOW MUCH was that coral???? Hhmmm..only about 1 carton!

PS...the same response works when you find a great shoe sale at the mall! I got a cool pair of sandals that I didnt really need but had to have them...they only cost about 2 and a 1/2 packs!
Dont men know that most of us ladies took "rationalizing 101" Too funny you two... awesome come backs!!! ~ Bonnie :cheer:

teviesfish

Originally Posted by lovethesea
thats kind of light asking someone how much they weigh...........no one wants to talk about it. ***)
I dont think this is the same thing as asking peoples weight. I could careless what i have invested for money because i love the hobby that much. Is it alot? yes... would i do it over again? yes