Current Sunpod ?????

soulagent9

I have a 40g tall & it measures 30" wide. So far Current USA is the only company that makes a 30" wide fixture. I currently have a Current Orbit 30" but the fan is going out and the lunars are shot. I have been looking @ te Current Sunpod but it seems to be kinda hard to find. Anyone have experience with it? Or any other suggestions on lights. I'm gonna do reef & fish, mostly zoes and anemonies. I'm trying to keep the lights under $300ish.
Thanks,
A.

sign guy

your lunar or your antics are going out. the reson I ask is that most lunars are led's and they last around 10 years. if its antics you can replace them and you can find fans from a comuter store. just mention it because I want to save you money.

aaron7405

Hi
I have a Sunpod by Current USA, 20" (not 30" but you will get the Idea running)
you can see more pics here
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/266641/want-best-lighting-on-my-nano
It a very good ligth just be carefull to upgrade to MH because the heat is a lot. Yuo will have to put your ligth at least 12" from the water.
If you still want to get a sunpod, you can go on ---- or direct from s online store, they will be around $250-$350 depend on the Watts (150w or 250w)
hope it will solve your question

brucoh

I have the 30" Sunpod on my 50 gal. tank. I love it. I had it on my 29 gal. for about 9 months until I got this new tank. The 29 gal had a small heat issue with the light, but I just mounted a fan to blow across the surface of my water and my temp wouldn't move a bit. There is no heat issue at all with it mounted on my 50 gal. It's on for 8 hrs and my temp doesn't budge a bit. I don't even need a fan blowing across the surface anymore. You don't need it mounted 12" above the surface as the previous poster suggested. With a 40 gal tank, the water shouldn't heat up at all. Smaller tanks like aaron7405's (looks to be a 10 gal.) it's an issue, but anything 40 gal. and up, no way. BTW aaron, go to walmart and get an 8 to 10"cheap clip on fan and mount it to the wall beside your tank aiming it to blow across the surface of your water and I bet you won't have near the heat issues and won't have to rest your light on stacks of CD's. You'd be suprised, a small fan works wonders. I even ran mine on low and kept my 29 gal temp stable. Although, a 150W on a 10 gal. tank, I don't know. It awfully easy to heat up a small volume of water like that. These lights aren't hard to find if you order online. Just google 30" Current Sunpod and you'll find an online store. I'd put were I got mine, but they frown on posting competitors websites here. Here's a pic of my 50gal w/Sunpod.

laxzach

I just got the SunPod 30" 150Watt for my 30 gallon and I love it. It has made me corals look amazing. I highly recommend it.

aaron7405

Thanx a lot. for the advise.
I am upgrading to 55 G tank I allready bought a 250 w sunpod 20" SO I will use both there and I will set up the 10g as a quarentin tank.