Current USA, Coralife, or JBJ Lighting

poop_head

Hey I'm looking at upgrading my lighting on my 55 gal fish tank to add corals. I'm looking at the Current USA Orbit, Coralife, and JBJ Lights. They all put out 4x65. The USA and Coralife ones have the blue LED lights. Which would you prefer or pick? They are all priced around the same. Thanks.

ndtechie05

i have the coralife ones on my 75gal, 4 65watt, 2 actintic and 2 10,000k with the 3 moon lights, i love them, especially with them set on the timer. but since i am underpowered for most corals i had 2 add my other 2 fluoresents for a total of 320 watts. you need around 4 watts/gallon for most corals and with the 260watt coralife unit on your tank, you have little over 4watt of life per gallon so i believe you should be ok. make sure you get the legs to elevate em too. hope this helps
-Brett

goinballde

I got the orbit for for my 55...I did get new bulbs cause it came with 2- 50/50 bulbs and 6,700 daylight...the tru 03 actincs are very nice...See if you can pick out the bulbs when you make the purchase...get the 10,000 k and 03 actincs. they look good

spline9

I have an Orbit for my 20g tall. Its pretty sweet.
The reasons why I like it:
Legs to hold the unit a couple inches above the tank.
Splash shield to keep the salt creep off.
A fan to keep the unit cool.
3 seperate plugs for each PC bulb (x2) and one for the moonlights (x2).
Looks pretty snazzy.
I was planning on getting one of these for my 29gal. I think I might go with a more expensive, higher output T5 setup, though. This wont happen for a few months so time will only tell.