current usa powerbrite LED lights

goldfinger

Anybody useing the new powerbrite LED lights in lieu of MH or PC?
Not much info about them available from the manufacturer current usa.
Looks to good to be true.

dude23455

directly from their website.
PowerBrite LED's are designed to enhance existing lighting systems such as fluorescent and compact fluorescent systems, as well as act as a stand alone light in very small aquariums, refugiums - as well as powerful nocturnal moon lights.

goldfinger

thanks for the reply,
where did you find the info on the powerbrite lights? I could not find anything anywhere that described the function of them. some comments I read appear to indicate that the LED lights are replacements for PC and MH.

scsinet

Originally Posted by goldfinger
thanks for the reply,
where did you find the info on the powerbrite lights? I could not find anything anywhere that described the function of them. some comments I read appear to indicate that the LED lights are replacements for PC and MH.
Some manufacturers make standalone LED systems, others create LED systems designed to supplement.
PFO is the big player out there right now with the Solaris system. Those with deep pockets can completely replace their systems with these. There is another contender coming into the market which should get prices in check, I can't remember the name, but it's certainly NOT CurrentUSA.
The Current Powerbrite fixtures are very low power systems, with a handful of 1W LEDs. The MH/T5/PC replacement fixtures use arrays of hundreds of these LEDs, and costs range in the thousands.

goldfinger

thanks for the reply on the LED lights!
Looking at the mfg. info. it did not seem right to me that they could offer a PC or MH light replacement for so low a cost. Your reply makes more sence. (or would that be cents or sents)?
Maybe thats why the mfg. info. is limited in the product description.
You definately have some negative feelings towards current usa with the "NOT" in your reply. Care to share the reason in private to gordonisretired@yahoo.com?
Thanks