Current USA's new Orbit Power Compact

R

redhot13

Hello everyone!
I need info on the new Orbit Power Compact by Current USA (The old Custom sealife). I have heard from my LFS that everything is the same except the fans are more quiet and the actinic bulbs are improved (better spectrum?) I have also been informed that the moonlights are white instead of blue... Is this all true? Anyone have one yet? If so please post pics of your tank with the light (moonlight and daylight). I will greatly appreciate it!

tony detroit

I just got some today and am very pleased, I'll get some pics up tonite. I'm new to the whole moonlite era, these things are sweet.

silentshaw

i've seen them on ---- for 199.00 for 36" is that a good price im also looking for a better lighting system. sorry about hijacking your thread.

mailman

I bought a 48" set with 4x65 watt and really like them. The moonlights are white 4 of them on 4' unit. Really show up well with everything else off. Fan is very quiet and keeps things pretty cool. Mine were $275 with free shipping so your price sounds about right. I really don't have any complaints other than I wish they had 92 watters available in this set-up.HTH

R

redhot13

I cant wait to order them. BTW where did u get them with free s/h? Can you post some pics????

steinchef

i just got mine last week and i love them. I got mine on ---- for for $260 shipped. I really like the moons, the whole unit actually, took a few days for me to get use to the brightness though.

tony detroit

here's a moonlite pic, sorry my photo program was giving me trouble the last two days. they are not this bright, I played with the camera a little to show them better

bsktmom

Do you have any pictures with the lights on. I am wanting to get new lights but there are so many choices.

R

redhot13

does anybody know if there are separate switches for the daylight and actinic bulb? ie: can you just have actinics on?

steinchef

yes, there are two seperate switches and three seperate power cords. The moonlights do not have an on off switch, so if you want, you have to either put a timer on them or constantly run them. Mine are always on because i havent had time to go get another timer.

justphong

Orbit Power Compact by Current USA
sorry to jump in but... with the orbit... 4x65 if i am correct... are you guyz having any coral in the tank? how is it going?