CurrentSea wavemaker

reefer123

ok i have a 60g reef and will be getting into sps corals, and all i have now are LPS and some softies.
does anybody have any advise on this brand of wavemaker?
it is going to come with 4 MJ 900, that put out 240gph.
and i also have a aqua clear 400gph powerhead i will use.
the final turnover rate is about 22x
is that enough for sps?
also where is the best place to put each powerhead?
i have a total of 5.
thanks.

jnvette

i didnt order mine with the powerheads,i already have three of them.i have one power head in each top rear corner pointing toward the center,so that the flow meets in the middle of the tank.i have one in the lower right hand corner that blows across the rear of the tank behind my rocks.(i mounted it about 10 inches off the sand bed).i have the wave maker on two channel mode switching between the two on the right side and the one on the top left.i set the delay at about 9 seconds.

jnvette

hopefully you didn't order one of theese from current sea yet.after i ordered mine for $50
i found on another reef site where someone else found this same timer with a different name on it for $29.95.go to that fomous auction site and do a search for chauvet sf-4005.
it appears that this was intended to run dj lighting(hence the reasoning for sound mode,wich swithches the channels according to any sound).i din't look to see how much they charge for shipping but my price did include that.(standard usps,about 4 days).regardless of who you order one from these things rule!

bigsteam

I too, was looking for a reasonable priced wavemaker and read this thread. I took your advice and purchased a Chauvet SF-4005 off the famous website. I am running 4 powerheads in a 150 gal tall reef tank. My problem is the fastest timed mode is 1 minute 45 seconds and the slowest chase mode is 2 seconds. The thread says you have your SF-4005 set at 9 seconds which is perfect for wave action. Tell me how you did that. Thanks. Marty

jayc

I just got me a natural wave, wave maker/ timer. So far I've really enjoyed it. I have 2 power heads in the front, facing each other switching off and on. Then 2 more in the back blowing stuff out from back there. And then another little one at the top keeping the top circulated.
Jay