Custom 60 Gallon tank with new lights

N

nemo_66

that is a pretty cool tank. when you first got it, didn't you say one side is something like softies and the other sps? cant wait to see it finished

monalisa

Wow, pretty cool!! I've never seen a split tank like that before. How is it as far as maintaining water parameters?? Is it like maintaining a 60 gallon, or is it like maintaining 2 30 gallon tanks (just wondering since smaller tanks do take more time).
Very cool looking...I like. What kind of lighting did you get? Post more pics.
Lisa :happyfish

kender

Originally Posted by MonaLisa
Wow, pretty cool!! I've never seen a split tank like that before. How is it as far as maintaining water parameters?? Is it like maintaining a 60 gallon, or is it like maintaining 2 30 gallon tanks (just wondering since smaller tanks do take more time).
Very cool looking...I like. What kind of lighting did you get? Post more pics.
Lisa :happyfish

Pretty much like maintaing a 65g tank. All my levels are good. No flucuations at all. The new light is a coralife with 2 65w 10k bulbs and 2 65w atinic bulbs with 4 moonlights. I can actually watch my little guys swim at night which is the coolest. The blue pic at the bottom is the moonlights by themselves. I cant wait to get a few corals in the tank. This is my next purchase.

bcott

Is this the tank from awhile ago and you were thinking about doing one side based on the origin of the fish and corals like on side would be strickly hawaiian fishes and corals?

kender

Originally Posted by bcott
Is this the tank from awhile ago and you were thinking about doing one side based on the origin of the fish and corals like on side would be strickly hawaiian fishes and corals?
Havent had any real plans on what I am going to do. Just playing it by ear at the moment. The fishes swim back and forth. I have a 6" convict blenny in the tank who loves to explore back and forth. He had a mate but she jumped out of the tank and I didnt know till a few days later when I found fish jerky behind the tank... Was very distraught about that. My next big purchase is going to include:
A pair of perc clownfish
Some anemones for the clownfish
An Vermiculated Angelfish
A Orangeback Basslet
A Royal Gamma
A Brittle Starfish
Should be getting them in a few weeks. Can't wait

nygel

Originally Posted by bcott
you're thinking of bronco's tank....