Custom Aquarium Controls

benter

waiting on the switces and an off delay relay for the halides..but everything else is mounted in the enclosure, and I,ve started some of the wiring on the sub plate...Hopefully the switches will be here tommorrow...thanks for following the thread!!

trompet3

Originally Posted by Benter
waiting on the switces and an off delay relay for the halides..but everything else is mounted in the enclosure, and I,ve started some of the wiring on the sub plate...Hopefully the switches will be here tommorrow...thanks for following the thread!!
Any update?

benter

Sorry guys..I've been working my butt off on switching everything over..from the 55 to the 125...The panel is built and working great..watch for pics this weekend...just need to do some little touchups...I haven't figured out how to label my switches yet..but that is minor stuff...Hope everyone likes it!!!! :yes: :yes:

benter

heres the outside of the control panel, all switches have manual-off-and automatic positions, the top row of switches are lights, the second row ..fans.. the third row is pumps, and the bottom after thought is a sump ,light under the main tank...no labels yet but coming soon

benter

all i need to do is add the off delay timer for the metal halide ..and get everything in nconduits..so far it has worked flawlessly :yes: :yes:

hopkins6

You must be a genius or something :) , that is just simply awesome. You should sell them and make money. I would love one.

benter

thanks everyone for the positive responses so far...I would love the opportunity to make one for everyone...if anyone is serious email me how you would expect it to work..and we can go from there...this one runs moonlights - night, switches on the actinics and the white pc's in the morning, runs them four 4 hours, turns on the metal halide for 2 hrs, then turns it back off leaving the pc's and actinics on for 2 more hours..and back to the moonlights..also switches the fans off and on automatically with the lights...the 3 pumps are wired up to run automatically as well.. but just haven't figured out how I would run them in an auto mode :yes: :yes: ...

farmboy

Nice job!
WHat is the black thing on the DIN rail? Empty socket?
THere is a demand for better lighting schedules (simulated morning and evening).
As far as the pumps-I think you want some random flow as well as some turbulence(all pumps at once for a little while) then calmer water at night.
Thanks for the update! I'm a big fan of illuminated switches/indicators. NICE work.

benter

Actually its up and working great so far..It is very nice just to reach over and turn the return pump and skimmer pump off when I feed and then turn it right back on, just by flipping a switch..I'm running 4 sets of lights, 3 pumps and, 3 fans , 1 heater..all off of 2 powerstrips, each with only 2 plugs used, and 1 of the powerstrip plugs has a timer..the rest is all done with solid state timers and relays..so far so good..just waiting for the orders to start coming in..LOL

cmack

Approx how much would something like that cost to build? Have you thought at all about what you would want to charge others for the service?

darknes

I think it's a great idea!! I'd definitely buy one!
One question: Do you strip the plugs from all the wires to connect into this box, and then plug this box into the wall? Wouldn't having all these things come off one outlet pose a risk for blowing a fuse or a fire?

benter

if you notice each of the receptacle "plug ins" has a separate circuit breaker rightin this box..I have separated all the circuits..So that not everything is being run through one plug...So far so good..And as far as pricing something like this email me - bterry@swfla.rr.com, let me kmow what you want it made of, S.S. box, fiberglass box, plastic box,.. and how it would need to run your setup, and we could start from there..AS you could imagine , depending upon what you make it out of, and what type of components you wanted ..it could get expensive fast....This one I made with alot of the parts off of the famous auction site, and I would guess I have close to $150.00- $200.00 somewhere in that vicinity..Anyway thanks for all the interest..!!

djultra

Benter,
I'm interested in having you build something for me please email me and I can send you the specs I want.
djultra at comcast dot net