custom refugiums

G

gobidave

has anyone had a custom built refugium built? I have contacted several websites and either got no response or alot of run around. i amy looking for a 24x24x18 refugium with the front half as a display. if anyone has dealt with a companycould you offer any suggestions (if the board allows it).
Thanks,
dave

snakeblitz33

The only thing about acrylic building for live fish stores is that it has to be profitable to them. If you find a live fish store who is willing to do it, you are going to get charged a ton of money for a small project that you could probably do on your own...
If you have a few basic DIY skills, you can easily do it yourself. If you have a table saw or a friend with one, just cut your acrylic, and then smooth it. Then use some weld-on #4 solvent and put the seams together. Don't forget clamps!
Read for some information. *Link Removed* has some really good information on acrylic work.

al mc

Originally Posted by gobidave
http:///forum/post/2498010
has anyone had a custom built refugium built? I have contacted several websites and either got no response or alot of run around. i amy looking for a 24x24x18 refugium with the front half as a display. if anyone has dealt with a companycould you offer any suggestions (if the board allows it).
Thanks,
dave
Have you googled the words 'melevs' and 'reef' together. You might find an interesting site to help you build your own or someone who would build one for you.

spiderwoman

We looked at a few custom combinations... ADHI Refugiums, LifeReefugium II
It all depends on how much you are willing to pay.