Custom Stand for tank w/ built in overflow

ac

Broncofish,
How's your hand doing? I was able to find a sump at a scratch and dent section at a LFS. I hope you get well soon and thanks for all of your help. I'll post pictures as I progress.
Regards,
Rich

jim mcgonigle

I guess since it was bumped up its a good time to put lessons learned.
Tank is filled on the stand. First conclusion, way over-engineered. The think didn't budge or show any signs of problems.
My main lesson learned... Try to give yourself more space where the overflows are for hooking up tubing. Mine is very tight so I didn't have alot of routing options and getting the tubes hooked up was a PIA. If I did it again, the back corner wouldn't be as tight.
-Jim

broncofish

Originally posted by AC
Broncofish,
How's your hand doing? I was able to find a sump at a scratch and dent section at a LFS

Still can't make a fist, but getting better. Can't grip anything so my diy days are done for a couple months still.

foxthorn

Overanalyzer... Well, unfortunatly I can't report any lessons learned as Jim has done. I haven't built the stand yet. As you know.. all small projects turn into big projects. And my DIY stand turned into a DIY fish room in the basement. And the Wife just turned that into a basement spring cleaning project.... :) ;)
I'm going to get one of those large rubbermaid feed troughs setup in the basement as a fuge... it'll start off curing my live rock. While the rock is curing I'll be working on the stand.