cute as can be

playtime

My pink skunk clownfish that I have had since my cycle which is about 8 months is so cute. He has the cutest personality and does the cutest thing, I thought I would share. I first added this beautiful seabae anenome for him to love and he did. They were so cute together for about 3 months then I added my goniopora and he left the seabae and started this beautiful relationship with the new goniopora. Not to worry, the Seabae made friends with my anenome crab. Anyway, the funny thing is that the goniopora shrinks down at night to this little hard ball of rock so the clown has nothing to sleep in. He was bedless for a few months and I kept seeing him try to bed with the feather duster but everytime he got close, the duster would disappear. Last night I was checking the tank and noticed that my clownfish finally got the feather duster to let him sleep nestled in his feathery top. Sooooo cute.
Is this normal? I worry that the feather duster will try to eat him. Has anyone else witnessed this?
Playtime

paulytee

This doesn't exactly pertain to your feather&clown but I do have a similiar unexpected relationship between my arrow crab and mated pair of sleeper gobies (im assumming they're a couple cuz they never leave each other's side :) )
Anyways, the arrow is BIG and the little gobies make themselves at home underneath his legspan! The arrow likes to pick up the food from the stirred up sand and the gobies like the protection he provides!
You never know what type of symbiotic relationship will happen in a reef...
Keep me posted on your clown! :p
ps-everything I have read says the feather won't harm your clown, but you might double check my info just to be sure. If you can post some pix, that would be very cool!
Paulytee

landmeier

I have two clarkii clowns and they love my feather duster. i had a post a few weeks ago about this. I was wondering the same things you are. I don't have an anenome for them so I guess they just settled with what they had. The duster doesn't seemed bothered by their presence. The female clown shakes herself in the duster, it is really neat to watch.