Cycle Complete - what next?

zphreak

My cycle has completed everything is testing good
Ammonia - 0
Trites - 0
Trates - 0
PH 7.6
Before I add live stock should I do a water change? Also, I'm using an Eclipse hood and the LFS recommended using Pro Glo 15W lights, is this sufficient to keep corals?
I'll be adding powerheads and a skimmer in the near future.
Specs
25 Gallon tank
40lbs LS
40lbs LR

ruaround

your pH is a little low... you can do a small water change, but it looks like youre ready to rock n roll... do you have a "wish list" of fish/inverts that you want to stock???
that lighting isnt good enough...
get the power headrs right away!!! you need some flow in there!!!

marine

powerglo 15w? I used to use those type of regular bulbs. I first started out with a 55 gal and had 3 of those types of lights in there. Its risky. I was somewhat successful in keeping a few corals alive, but soon after they slowly died. I recently upgraded to T-5 which is brighter and smaller than the regular bulbs. They aren't that expensive, just a little more than the regulars. I now have 4 T-5 bulbs and my corals are LOVING it. if you really want corals, you have to invest money. get better lighting..it's a big difference. where are you located?

zphreak

I'll wait on adding the corals for now and will be looking into the Eclipse retrofit kits for better lighting, or a different hood all together as I'm not using the biowheel anyways... just the Fluval204.
I've just taken a new job and will be moving in the next couple of months anyways so no hurry.
I'm in the Sacramento, CA area

renogaw

grrr another reefer outside of Connecticut :p
get your powerheads fast you're algae blooms are incoming! and get a small clean up crew going as well. without water movement you're rock/sand may start creating a sulfur compound and kill off everything.