Cycle finished.. I need a clean up crew... any suggestions???

bethany

I have a 45 gallon with about 60lb ls, 30lb lr, 5 damsels, 12" carrot sponge, 2 - 1/2 inch peppermint shrimp that hijacked on a lr. I need a "clean up crew that won't eat my shrimp since i am planning on keeping them. Thing is... What is a clean up crew and what will they do for my tank? I read on the board snails and crabs..to me they will dirty my tank... HELP PLEASE!?

surfnturf

You're in the right place, click on the button to the left of your screen that says "reef packages", that will give you everything you need.

mmslue79

I agree with surfnturf. But before you get trigger happy. I would wait until you have sufficient algae and debrie for them to clean. I have made the mistake of getting snails for my FW setup and the original 7 is down to 2 and dwindling faster than I can type. So give it awhile and then work on the clean up crew. I would go with hermits, and some turbo snails. For that size tank, I believe SWF.com recommends how many for that size or around it.

bethany

Thanks. I'll wait awhile. I don't see any alge yet, but there is some coraline growing on my lr.