Cyclop-eeze pretty please.....

ryebread

Anyone using Cyclop-eeze out there?
I was just given a pack of it to try out but, I am not keeping any corals right this second. Just wondering what everyone thinks of it if you have used it.
Tanks.

ryebread

I have to bump this up because I am amazed at the success I am having with this stuff.
I bought a frozen bar of this product because a guy at the LFS said that I can't live without it.......I need this stuff.
Everything in the tank is going nuts for this stuff........they love it.
I want to start reccommending it to people who are having trouble getting fish to eat but, nobody has ever heard of it.
Try some if you can find it........but, make sure that you get the frozen version of it and not the freeze-dried crud. Frozen. :)

pyro383

an alittle and I mean alittle (size of your pinky nail if not smaller is all you need). This stuff will last you a whole year.

goldrush

You are right,it does go a long way.The thing I like the most is that it desolves instantly. Great product!

ozadars

one cyclops is equal to 40 brine shrimp, they re a kind of pod, they are coming w/ daphnia to me but very less, when i buy daphnia, they re beeing in the same bag sometimes

Just saw this product for the first time at my LFS a few days ago. Didn't have time to check it out, but remembered seeing this thread here about it. Next time I'm there, I'll be sure to pick some up and give it a try! BTW...what's with the name??

jonthefb

theres a great article about it in one of the recent FAMA magazines!
havent had the chance to chek it out myself, but im interested!
good luck
jon

Hmmm...I have every issue of FAMA, but must have missed the article. Do you remember which issue it was?? I would love to read up on it. I've been using Coral Heaven and things seem to be thriving, so not anxious to upset the apple cart. If this new product is as great as it sounds, I'll give it a try. May well be much better than my current favorite!

fda483

First off since this is my first post I would like to thank everyone for the great information on this board. While I still have a lot to learn in this hobby the info I have learned from this board has changed my 90 gal reef from a "death trap" into a stable reef environment.
Now as for Cyclop-eeze I have been using it for about 3 months now. Usually 2 - 3 times a week. It always creates a feeding frenzy in the tank. All the fish love it and most of the corals (plates, open brains, cynarina) and tube anemone all go into a feeding mode as soon as it hits the tank.
My only caution is that as with some other frozen foods it must affect the water surface tension and your skimmer may put out a lot of very wet foam for a few hours after feeding.

WELCOME! Great to have you here as a contributing member! :D
The Cyclop-eeze sounds like a nice product. One thing I can't help but to wonder is how it got that ODD name? It sorta sounds like a one eyed monster or something. Do you know the story behind the unusual name?

jonthefb

yes welcome fds, enjoy the forum, adn contribute as much as possible!
Hey Phoenix, teh article is in the February 2003 FAMA with the boxfish/cowfish on the cover.....it is on page 86 and the article title is "What has ten legs and improves your complexion? : A new food source for fw and marine fish" by Robert DiMarco!
good luck
jon