Cyno/Lights/Cleanup Crew

nate_m

FOWLR tank setup for about 5 months now. 2 clowns and a cortez angel.
Had quite a bit of cyno start growing but i would say its under control. However I'd like to keep it under control and get rid of it if that is possible. My water params are just right. I checked phosphates and they were very low if even present at all.
I know I only have a 30" flourecent bulb for lighting which I've cut back to only a couple hours per day. Would buying better lights help this situation?
I had a turbo and 2 benadict snails that died over the last 2 months. Can't figure out why and don't know if I should purchase one of the big clean up crews from this site without knowing what killed the 3 snails I had. Any suggestions?
Thanks for the help!
- Nate

nate_m

Have 2 power heads and a magnum350 canister filter. ~900g of flow in a 55.
Salinity is 1.024.
Acclimated them for about an hour moving 1 cup of water every 15 minutes into the bag they came in. After that I moved them directly into the tank. Didn't transfer LFS water to tank.

usinkit

The only suggestion I have is to try and boost your salanity up to 1.026. It seems like everything else you are doing is good. I always drip acclimate all my critters, but the way you are doing it seems fine. Dont know what else to say.

nate_m

So you guys think that my 55g tank can accomodata a 55g cleanup crew purchased at this site? Should i be concerened there isn't enough food for all those guys?