daanguus2

daanguus2

can you have to many worms in tank bottom of tank is alive with them at feeding times also are there any fish that eat them ?

nflnutswif

Sounds like you have bristle worms that come out of hiding when you feed. Is that close? Bristle worms are not bad for your tank, they eat dead matter that helps to control water quality. Others might have a different opinion and like to get rid of them, but they really don't hurt anything.

ruaround

i would agree with nfl on all counts except the last sentence... they will hurt you...
as far as i know there isnt a fish that will eat them because they sting...

nflnutswif

Originally Posted by ruaround
i would agree with nfl on all counts except the last sentence... they will hurt you...
as far as i know there isnt a fish that will eat them because they sting...
Oh yeah, guess I should have added that!!!!!!!! Thanks ruaround. Never pluck them out with your fingers. . .Ouch!

ruaround

Originally Posted by nflnutswif
Oh yeah, guess I should have added that!!!!!!!! Thanks ruaround. Never pluck them out with your fingers. . .Ouch!
heh... i knew your intentions by saying they won't hurt a thing
... just thought that it wouldnt be good for someone to try and catch them barehanded... perhaps a chainmail glove would work though

emperor11

Originally Posted by ruaround
heh... i knew your intentions by saying they won't hurt a thing
... just thought that it wouldnt be good for someone to try and catch them barehanded... perhaps a chainmail glove would work though
See..I pick them up by hand all the time, and it doesn't bother me. I've never gotten bristles in my hand, and they've never bothered me. Only some people are allergic, I suppose.