Dale leaving DEI?

ruaround

sux that he is leaving the company that his father founded... but IMO its a good move for him... perhaps he will race for RCR or Gibbs... i would personally hate to see him go to cheatdricks racing... i would bet that Budweiser and Wrangler go with him!!! but he will no longer be #8... feel sorry for all the necks that have his number platered all over their vehichles... and all the DA's that actually got #8 tattooed on em... LMAO!!!

renogaw

forgot the "i don't care" option :p
see what happens when women get involved in things they shouldnt? his father should have left the company to him instead of his stepmother

windmill

Obviously some people care.
You cared enough to respond. But who cares?
I think it sucks.....he's basically leaving his father's legacy. It might spark a downward spiral for both, Jr. without that famous Earnhardt number and corporate umbrella may lose popularity, and DEI without an Earnhardt driver seems, well, just wrong.

bayside

im not that big of a fan of Nascar but why wouldnt he just go to his dads old team (forget the name), the one that owns the rights to the #3, and race for them and then have a red Bud #3 car? I think a lot of fans would like that and i think it would be pretty cool.

ruaround

Originally Posted by bayside
im not that big of a fan of Nascar but why wouldnt he just go to his dads old team (forget the name), the one that owns the rights to the #3, and race for them and then have a red Bud #3 car? I think a lot of fans would like that and i think it would be pretty cool.
its RCR (Richard Childress Racing)... and he already stated that he didnt want to drive the #3 because that number belonged to his dad... although youre right... Jr fans would love it...

scotts

I did not answer because I am not sure..... It does seem weird to have DEI with not DE jr. but then I read where he wanted at least 51% of the team. However DEI is obviously losing their best draw and afterall show jr. not in fact get the team eventually.......... So much that is unknown.
I am not sure if jr has his act together enough yet to run his own team. Look at the problems he had with his cousins. However no one thought his dad would make a business person, but he had a unique business sense, maybe jr has that too.
So put me down as a definite positive for a maybe. Boy talk about Silly Season starting early this year!

tahoetanks

I think I remember hearing that they put a limit on how many cars one team can have?T/F?
I think Jr's dad would be proud of him for standing up for himself and what he believes in. I also think that if DE was still alive, he would be filing for divorce.
Bites that the race was rained out today. Oh well, it's on tomorrow. How funny is it that I am the only female in this house and by far the biggest Nascar fan in it?

scotts

I have watched NASCAR for years so still love the southern roots. They don't schedule a race on Easter and on Mother's day. They do love their religion and their Mammas.
:cheer:

tahoetanks

Originally Posted by Scotts
I have watched NASCAR for years so still love the southern roots. They don't schedule a race on Easter and on Mother's day. They do love their religion and their Mammas.

Amen!

ruaround

Originally Posted by tahoetanks
I think I remember hearing that they put a limit on how many cars one team can have?T/F?
I think Jr's dad would be proud of him for standing up for himself and what he believes in. I also think that if DE was still alive, he would be filing for divorce.
Bites that the race was rained out today. Oh well, it's on tomorrow. How funny is it that I am the only female in this house and by far the biggest Nascar fan in it?
4 cars per team effective 2008 season... and it is not "funny" that youre female an the biggest fan... all the females in my family are huge fans of the left turn circut...
as far as his dad bein proud... who knows... if Jr was standing up fr something he would have taken the evil step mom to court and gotten what is rightfully his... instead he chooses to take his namesake and popularity away from his dads company... and now it will prolly just go away as a race team... but will still sell cars and make engines...

anonome

Originally Posted by Scotts
They had the 21 gun momma salute today.