Dallas has their puppet...

scubadoo

10th best defense in the ENTIRE nfl this past season....10TH depsite having some good solid talent. No doubt that Son of Bum is an up and coming head coach in the nfl...

Good thing San Diego has a top o-coord and LT...Son of Bum could not have done it with #10 overall.
This is no doubt a GREAT hire for DAllas...better than Yo and Yo Campo...

Jerry Jones has GM of the year rapped up already... :hilarious

ice4ice

ROFLMAO !!!! Wade Phillips : Dallas head Coach !?!?
ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!
The biggest set back in Dallas history !! Ya might as well put Jerry Jones on the sidelines telling his puppet how to call the plays. This is gonna be fun to watch and Dallas be the laughing stock in the NFC East. ROFLMAO !!! Gee now maybe the Arizona Cardinals just may have a blow out game vs the Cowboys this year. ROFLMAO !!!!

ruaround

Originally Posted by Oceanists
being a stat junky i thought you would beable to figure this one out....
I dont see why Wade has has a bad rep as you stated he is 48-39
He took a Bills team from 6-10 before he started to 10-6 , 11-5, 8-8
Gruden is 77-67 not a HUGE difference .... Gruden in the past 4 seasons has been 7-9, 5-11, 11-5, and his all time worst 4-12 ... so in his past 4 season he is a combined 27-37 missing the playoffs 3 times.
Dallas has a good size 3-4 desense Wade Phillips is a 3-4 master. Dallas has the potention to be a GREAT defense especially if they can get Ellis healthy.
With Phillips taking command of the defense and Sparano and Garret running the offense and Avessano very possibly running special teams it is looking pretty good.
So YES I would much rather have Phillips.
It wouldnt matter who JJ hired because anybody he wouldve brought in everybody would have said he is looking for a puppet it couldve been Cowher and he wouldve been labled a puppet , Jones has never wanted a puppet all this was in reference to Jimmie Johnson.... remember Johnson was the one who chose to leave Dallas and go fail miserable with the Dolphins.
Out of all candidates that were interviewed or even available. Phillips was the man with the most experience a decent record and overall the best fit with the defensive scheme we are trying to run.
What if JJ turned to an offensive coach like Turner. What does that do to the defense with Zimmer gone .... your damned if you do and damned if you dont..... all I know is there was a world full of Cowboy fans looking to run Titty Boy Tuna out of town (including me) and now we are going to have to support the alternative (which I do 100%) Im not going to say it was a good move BUT Im CERTAINLY not going to say it was a bad move considering the other canidates.
JMO
my point is that Gruden actually has wins in the post season... son of a bum has NONE...
as the game has passed by the Tuna it is also going by Jerry Jones... perhaps he needs to hire someone young that actually can keep pace with todays game...

chadman

rumor has it that Terrel Owens over next two years will become dallas head coach after they realize he is a not a good guy and cannot be coached by anyone, but that he is a very good receiver and they need him...

oceanists

Originally Posted by ruaround
my point is that Gruden actually has wins in the post season... son of a bum has NONE...
as the game has passed by the Tuna it is also going by Jerry Jones... perhaps he needs to hire someone young that actually can keep pace with todays game...

That was then .... this is a new chapter , im not going to get down on the guy because he hasnt had any playoff wins.....
Gruden doesnt have any either as of late//

ruaround

Originally Posted by Oceanists
That was then .... this is a new chapter , im not going to get down on the guy because he hasnt had any playoff wins.....
Gruden doesnt have any either as of late//
youre correct there...

ice4ice

ROFLMAO !! You got that right ! Wade Phillips never did get a post season win nor he ever will with Dallas ! LOLOLOLOLOL !!!