Dalmation puffer

xtremenemo

I need to know if there are any problems with getting this fish. I think I am going to go and pick him up for my aggressive tank (so far only one damsel and wrasse). If anybody can tell me some info on them or what would be some good tankmates that would be very helpful. Ill post some pics of my tank soon.

bdhough

Dalmation puffers are black body and white/grey spots i think. In an 85 they should be ok. I will warn you they get huge and may one day outgrow that tank. But since they aren't huge swimmers.... What kind of wrasse do you have? Some wrasses are notorious be otches, scuse the language, and will kill things put into the tank after they have gotten established.

fishy88

imho a 85 is to small. these puffers will get more than a foot long. I saw a full grown at my lfs and it looked like it was to big for my 150g. Also what king of wrasse and how big?

xtremenemo

the puffer is 3-4.5 inches and the wrasse is a lunar wrasse. He is much small than the puffer. I just got him today and he almost completes the tank already. I will be putting him in a 125 long tank when he gets bigger. I already fed him cause he was eating this dime size white bubble sacs on the rocks that are really old. So I fed him a shrimp and he ate half of it and went into the rocks. I will be posting picks after this weekend of him and my tank. One question though, what are those white bubble sac things that he tends to like? I think they are bad for him and how do i stop him from eating them.

bdhough

Lunar Wrasses are notoriously mean. Keep your eye on him whenever adding fish to that tank. The arothron puffers are very cool pets :)

xtremenemo

I had many peaceful fish in the tank with him but they all died to ick. So i hope that he will be okay in the aggressive tank. I cant catch him so I guess he will stay there and I will have to keep getting fish that are bigger than him.