dam emperor 400 is huge

drea

just got one new sgipped for 55 bux.. its great... i'm a little worried hanging it on the back... does it put stress on the glass in anyway? i know they are made to hang on, but anyone have any problems w/ it?
replacing my 330 penguin tonight!

murph

I certainly like mine and had no problems when it was hung on the side of the tank. Since adding a sump I have hung it on there slid some sponge as a pre filter where the water flows in it on either side and fill the rest with ceramic noodles. Excellent easily removed/cleaned bio filtration without the hassles of adding baffles to the sump.
Plus the bio wheels add an incredible amount of area for bio filtration as well.

wla1610

Your not kidding that it's huge. I bought one for and its on a 20 gal right now. I only bought it because I'm getting a bigger tank. Its funny because when I set it up, I looked at my skimmer and thought "
Oh Crap"

Oh well, I'll be getting a 46 in a week. It may be alot, but it is doing a very nice job for me.

puffer32

I have always used the 400. One side i use for carbon, the other i filled with LR, holds alot so its my fuge for right now, got great water btw.

sw-newbe

Originally Posted by drea
just got one new sgipped for 55 bux.. its great... i'm a little worried hanging it on the back... does it put stress on the glass in anyway? i know they are made to hang on, but anyone have any problems w/ it?
Drea, where on Long Island are you? I'm in Deer Park

drea

i live in smithtown, close by...........
so all i have to do is put some lr on one side for a mini fuge? can i just put the rock in the screen holder thing? of should i place it in there freely?

newfishguy

Is an Emperor 400 a dual bio-wheel?

drea

yes, skimmer is a def...
although i didn't use one on my 30 g for 3 yrs w/ no ill effects... i had a clown, blue dot puffer and two nice mono's in there.....

newfishguy

Why are you using a bio-wheel and a skimmer? Just wondering why you dont just use a skimmer.
yes, skimmer is a def...
although i didn't use one on my 30 g for 3 yrs w/ no ill effects... i had a clown, blue dot puffer and two nice mono's in there.....