damm heater !!

for a few months now i been keeping a tank set up as a JUST IN CASE, orginally i inteded it to be a hospital tank, but due to no sick fish it became a quareteen tank
on wedsday i picked up a great looking royal gramma and he was doing great(till last night)
everyday i check my temp and salinity and the general looks of the tank this was done at about 7 pm, this morning i woke up to find the water VERY hot, needless to say the royal gramma was dead but it just ticks me off the damm heater malfunctioned and the royal gramma had to pay the price, when i looked at the tank i seen the temp above 86(thats as far as it goes)
just a word to the wise do not get profile heaters or you might run into the same thing in the future

rlv695

another reason to go with two half strength heaters.. one malfutions .. its not strong enough to over heat a tank...try that in your main tank.. might be better off....

thats the problem lol it was in a 10 gallon tank and the heater was a 25 watt, i mean how much lower can u go than that lol

pufferlover

When it comes to heaters I buy what I consider the best (acura's and Rena-cals) in the 8 years I have been doing this I have never had a failure with them. There are many brands out there that just don't have the technology in them that one needs to have a trouble free system.

blueberryboomer

I know how you feel, sorry about your grammy. I lost my most favorite pork puffer because someone turned our heater up. I was sooooo mad!!! :mad: Later Lisa

K

krustytheclownfish

While we're on the subject, what brands of heaters do people recommend? When I asked about powerheads, almost everyone said maxi-jets(thanks by the way, they work great). Just wondering if any brand of heaters had the same following.

i dont know about which brands TO get, but i know profile is now 1 to stay away from, i mean it really sucks, i went to the fish store and picked out one of the best looking royal grammas, it was inside the first 2 days, then it was all over the tank since that point, i think it would have been a great fish to have in my tank but the damm heater