Damn I am MAD AS HELL!

rane

I go home for lunch to find out that my power head fell off the glass, all I see is white dust cloud cant even see my live rock :mad: :mad: :mad: I put the powerhead back up and in about an hour it cleared up pretty good, now I am running late for work and my whole tank is full of dust, my star polyps,hammer coral are not opening and all my rocks are white cant even see any of the rocks color what the @#$% anm I going to do I tried to get a little bit of the sand off the rocks with a toothbrush but all it does is creat more of a dusk cloud and settle back down on the rocks AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I am about to freak out, my fish wont come out of the rocks this is a disaster, sorry had to vent going back to work.

mlm

Its not that big of a problem. Just correct the powerhead and the water will settle out soon.

wrassecal

Probably be a lot clearer by the time you get home. You can use a turkey baster to gently blow the sand off the rocks etc once the tank settles down.

broomer5

Irritating it can be.
Has happened before over here too RANE.
It's amazing how the tank will clear, and the cleanup crew will do what they do.

T

thomas712

Is it just me or is broomer5 starting to sound like Yoda? :D
Rane let it clear and test when you get home, take note of how the corals look and let us know.
Did the powerhead clear a path down to the bottom?
Thomas

wrassecal

Originally posted by broomer5
Maybe a little :D

A little yoda:) too funny Rane will appreciate that and get a good laugh to start off the weekend;)

T

thomas712

I suppose thats Goby won Kenobi and he and Yoda are battling it out with Jabba the starpolyp Hut :D
Man we gotta get out more often :(
Thomas

rane

Thanks for the laugh Broomer I needed that , I ended up capping 2 of the outlets and got more pressure out of it, the tank is looking a little better will wait and see:) :)

B

bambalamb

Thanks a lot! I just about shot beer out of my nose when I seen the pic broomer posted.

hunterdaddy

When that happened to my tank my pump on my CPR bakpak skimmer went kaput due to pushing all the sand through the system ment for water only.
Might wanna shut down any touchy equipment when it happens again. (which it might)

krux

after a few days, the areas your clean up crew can not get at, like holes and crevices, should be gently vacummed out. just use an old gravel vacumme to clear out the rest of the fine sand particulate.
great time to do a water change too.
i had a very similar thing happen to me, and my snails and crabs took care of 75% of the sediment, but the rest just wasnt going anywhere.
you can also figure, anywhere sand built up is the same place garbage from your tank is building up, so a good cleaning is definately in order.
HTH

javajoe

Originally posted by firefishspike
can you tell me where to get a light sabre like that for my fire fish?:rolleyes:

Your firefish don't have light sabers?