damsel and clown?

yosemite sam

I have a blue damsel and a gold stripe maroon clown in a 20 gallon and they do just fine. In fact, mine seem to hang out together and collectively go after the psuedochromis.

treyc.

I think it would lead to trouble 10g is to small and both are territorial but there is always the exception............ :)

michelle13

I have a percula clown and a yellow tail damsel in a 10 gal. I don't have any problems, they get along fine.
Maybe I just got lucky!

bahamianme

I have a 3-stripped black& white damesl and 2 Maroon clowns and the damsel get along with them and the other fish. Sometimes my Map Angel will go for him but playful.:p

flobskey

I have 2 clown fish (I always forget their name, they are the basic clown fish though) and a blue damsel. THey hang out sometimes, they bickered a little when I put them in, but now they like each other.

ocellaris_keeper

Yellow tails are the least agressive toward other fish (mine attack me). any more than two with two perc's in a 10 gal is too many fish.

luvnluk

I have 2 percula's with 3 DAMNsels. The only one that causes any trouble is the 3 spot Domino - he's a jerk and if I catch him he's going back to the LFS! ......If I only knew then what I know now.....

majakarot

i have four damsels with a clown and they rarely fight in my 75, but they did kill two clowns in my 29... my fault, i overstocked, i think you could have one damsel and one clown in a 10, but certainly no more

tigershark

So would the yellow tail damsel be the least aggressive of all damsels? I think my tank is cycled but would like to test it out first with a peaceful damsel. Any suggestions?

tigershark

BTW, I have a 60 Gal that is going to be a reef tank so I need peaceful fish. Or are clownfish pretty hardy? My readings are Am 0, Nitrates 0, Nitrites 7.5ppm pH 8.5 I think I can add fish now.