Damsel help

kronnk7

I have a Javanese Damsel (neon velvet) and he wasn't really that aggresive until he started getting bigger. Now he is in a 90 gallon reef with a Occel. clown, LMB, and a jawfish. He's always flipping his tail in the LMB's face and he won't even let my jawfish out from under his rock. Does anyone know a fish I can get that would stop him from being the top fish in the tank but not hurt my other fishes.

mopar9012

im not an expert but any fish that wont let him be top fish will probably eat him. and possibly some other fish that you have.

kronnk7

Yeah I know. I was just wondering if anyone knew something I could do. I have 120 lbs. of LR and corals in the tank and I really don't want to tear it all up to catch him.

tangs123

anything larger than him will intimidate him,
maybe an large tang: blue/hippo, yellow, and sailfin are supposed to be the most agressive of the tangs

mopar9012

if you want him out maybe you could try a trap...getting a bigger fish might help but ive heard of some damsels bullying a yellow tang....

namas05

Damsels are nasty, I have had them with tangs and they leave the tangs alone but still bully every one else.
Shoot him,,,lol
I would never ever put a damsel in a tank again.
Try to trap him. There are several ways to do this do a search on fish traps.
Or i have heard some say they have caught them with a small non barbed hook.

kronnk7

I'm going to get a powder blue tang and I was wondering if he would stop some of the bullying. I would like to trap him and return him to the lfs where I got him. I don't want to hurt him, I've had him for about 6 months. I'll try to look up traps. Thanks guys.