Damsel removal?

wballant

I am trying to get this damn damsel out of my tank, it is a beautiful and healthy fish but it is just getting to aggressive. I just bought a nice Angel 2 weeks ago and it just hides because the damsel chases it. How can I remove it without taking out all of my LR?

fishy411

get an angler or a lion and it will be gone within a week.:D Just put some flakes in at feeding time and net it when it comes up

fishieness

ooo!! cleaver!! Yeah, my LFS told my not to buy damsels unless they were my last fish so that this wouldnt happen. What kind of angle is it? It would be a shy breed like a coral beuty angel. But i believe the damels agression. My clown fishies would never go near the net though. They have fish traps too. But they probably are a pretty pennie for a piece of plastic. Im not sure though, so i would talk. What about moving all the live rock to one side, and once he gets out of it (damles being schooling fish he will want to go in open water, or even when he comes out to feed) try trapping him on one side with a tank devider. This would easily be replaced with a sized pice of plexie glass or something of the sort. It should be easier then. Ive never tried any of these though.. jsut some suggestions... Back to homeowrk for me though! and let me know how they turn out!!

sharksbait

Take a 2 liter and cut the end of it off and turn it around and stick it back with the cap end towards the bottom inside of bottle.Put a couple of small holes and put some zip ties to hold together and put the damsels favorite food in it and sink it in the tank.The damsel will go in it within minutes and pull it up out of the water.This is how I get my damsels out of my tanks and it usually takes less than five minutes.........

unleashed

well dont bother with the lion to get rid of it I house 4 damsel with mine.one thing that you can try once in a while is rearange your tank periodicly damsels are very territorial but you can accually trick them into change just by moving his territory..and i always move mine by net ya just have to be patient and sneeky.