Damsels and anemone?? HELP

chefjoeyp

I am a bit stumped, I have a 120 gal cube, I have 2 bubble anemones and a maroon clown. I got the clown first, a week later got the first anemone, they bonded immediately, 2 weeks later got the second anemone, within an hour the clown got to that one too, I didn't know a lown would host with 2 anemones at the same time, but he goes back and forth. This morning I saw 2 of my domino damsels just settle in the anemone, no harm to them at all, then the clown sees them and chases them away, this cycle repeats over and over. Let me say I have 6 damsels in there and I want them out but I cannot catch the suckers short of removing all my rock and really disturbing everyone.
I guess what I am asking is..is this normal. I didn't think damsels were immune to the sting. any ideas on how to get the damsels out?

mikeyjer

I hope you the best of luck catching those fish. I don't have any solution to your problem. Once my fish goes in, I don't try to take'em out. There's others that have the solution on taking them out. My solution would be to take out everything and drain the water level low and then remove'em, but that's a lot of hassle. How long have the tank been running? I hope you have the anemone under good lighting system.... :happyfish

chefjoeyp

Thanks, The tank has been running for about 6months, the lighting on this system is MH, can't quote exatly the wattage but I know the manager at my lfs very well and it had to penetrate 36 inches, beause of an algae bloow right after I put the light in, i only have it running 8 hours a day, with the other 2 types of lights to replicate dawn to dusk. As for the damsels, I may try to make an arylic tank divider, I will thing of something, I am worried about my doninoes ganging up on my maroon, after reading al night tonight, I guess dominoes can develop a relationship with the anemone although it is rare.
I have only been dong this for about a year, but this is worse than what I would imaging crak would be like..lol. I am addicted beyond belief. I have this tank here, a 60 gal f/o, a 10 gal hex for seahorses (nothing in there now, maybe another month), a newer 12 gal nano and I am ordering tomorrow a 300 gal acrylic. I Lov it though

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by Chefjoeyp
Thanks, The tank has been running for about 6months, the lighting on this system is MH, can't quote exatly the wattage but I know the manager at my lfs very well and it had to penetrate 36 inches, beause of an algae bloow right after I put the light in, i only have it running 8 hours a day, with the other 2 types of lights to replicate dawn to dusk. As for the damsels, I may try to make an arylic tank divider, I will thing of something, I am worried about my doninoes ganging up on my maroon, after reading al night tonight, I guess dominoes can develop a relationship with the anemone although it is rare.
I have only been dong this for about a year, but this is worse than what I would imaging crak would be like..lol. I am addicted beyond belief. I have this tank here, a 60 gal f/o, a 10 gal hex for seahorses (nothing in there now, maybe another month), a newer 12 gal nano and I am ordering tomorrow a 300 gal acrylic. I Lov it though
It's very addictive!!! I hope you will do floor support for that 300g tank. I would rather put it on concreate instead..... :happyfish

chefjoeyp

I am having the pros do it. We have a ompany here Arylic tank manufaturingwho does remarkable work, they are at www.acrylicaquariums.com. they custom build tank, I was lucky enough to go into their plant and see how they do it. check em out

stanlalee

yes damsels or at least many of them are immune to anenome stings. Clowns are actually part of the damsel family.