Damsels

arsen_36

whats the best way to get rid of a small 1.5" damsel in a 30g with one hawk fish 2.5" and 3 hermits crabs and no corals?

drewsta

In no particular order
  • Trade Him
  • Flush Him
    Send him to me so my lion can eat him
This first option is the most humane

drewsta

you really don't want to put a lion in a 30G tank if he is big enough to eat a damsel he wont be happy in that small of a tank just FYI

sepulatian

Originally Posted by arsen_36
thats what i was leaning towards
but if theres another option please let me know :notsure:
OMG please don't put something in there just to EAT it!!!! no one you can give him to?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by arsen_36
yes i know i was planning on returning him after he eats the damsel

OMG please don't put something in there just to EAT it! You can't catch him, is he that much of a bother? If you can return a lion after eating the damsel why can't you just return the damsel?

arsen_36

Originally Posted by sepulatian
OMG please don't put something in there just to EAT it! You can't catch him, is he that much of a bother? If you can return a lion after eating the damsel why can't you just return the damsel?
BECAUSE the damsel is a much much faster swimmer than a lion. thus it being harder to catch than the slow smimming lion :thinking: . and does anyone know what food i should attract the damsel (omnivore) that wont attract my hawk (carnivore)

120reefer

Try reading the entire thread...
If he could get the damsel out w/o taking out entire livestock to return it... he would. He is looking for ways to catch/get rid of it, and people are just giving their opinions. But seriously, i agree a lion would not be the smartest thing to put in there, if he can down your damsel.... he's only got another inch and the hawks gone too... i don't care how agressive he is. A lion will eat anything that fits in his mouth! You might want to listen to Adam tho, i've heard those things work out fairly well..

120reefer

Also, on a less humane note, you could always try and "catch him offguard" by turning the light back on after being off for a while...
try attracting with formula 2, or another algae enriched flake for the damsel