damsels???

ponyta810

i know that other people dont like them bc they can be way to agresive but i love damsels and im just wondering if anybodyelse feels the same way????

small triggers

the only ones i like are the blue green chromis, other than that, they get ugly as the get older and are nothing but a pain when you try to add anything new

fishlawyer

When starting this hobby I was told:
"Don't add table salt to the water and don't buy damsels... If you must do one, get the table salt..."

spanko

I have kept without any aggression to the other fish;
Chrysiptera talboti Talbot's Damsel
Chrysiptera parasema
Yellow tailed blue Damsel.
This is my experience with damsels.

alix2.0

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2937855
I have kept without any aggression to the other fish;
Chrysiptera talboti Talbot's Damsel
Chrysiptera parasema
Yellow tailed blue Damsel.
This is my experience with damsels.
yeah, my yellow tail was also a model citizen.

R

regina13

I loved my yellowtail until I had to get rid of him. I actually had a hard time giving him up. Soo much personality!

juniors04

I have 7 damsels, 3 blue ones, 1 velvet, 1 zebra and 2 domino damsels. Im going to give the dominos to the LFS they are too damn mean! They beat up my butterfly, they even try to bite me when cleaning my tank.

jennln

I have a very strong dislike for damsels. The first big mistake I made when starting out in this hobby was starting with them as my first fish. When I realized my error, it was too late - no hope of catching them. I was *secretly* hoping that the predator tank I built around them would eventually lead to them becoming "food"...didn't happen. The dominoes are the worst. I'm currently battling an ick outbreak
- the only good part of which is that the damsels are finally out of the dt and will NEVER be going back in.

95harley

Originally Posted by ponyta810
http:///forum/post/2937302
i know that other people dont like them bc they can be way to agresive but i love damsels and im just wondering if anybodyelse feels the same way????

+1

For the money or lack there of it, my Starkii and Yellowbelly's are nice colorful active fish. I also have Azure's & 4 stripes now. Have owned Yellowtails, Fiji Blue Devils, and plan on a snowball or two in the future.
Damsels depend on your tank, small tanks with delicate fish and they are a nightmare. Big tanks with large fish and they are great dithers and scrap eaters. My 4 stripes love to eat Nori scraps the tangs leave when shreading the clip and pieces of small shrimp that don't make it down the eels mouth.

ca161406

ive had two and they were docile as can be. a 4 stripe and an azure.
i plan on getting 3 or 4 azures soon, i just like how they look.
the only problem with my last two were that within a week my puffers ate them