Dap Aquarium Silicone

acrylic51

FYI this morning I spotted on Lowes shelf that Dap is making aquarium silicone.....Have they been making or just something new?

djm

The technical bulletin for it was last updated on 3/21/05, so it's been around at least a year and a half. The product itself is just 100% silicone rubber. DAP is great at marketing because they have at least a dozen different packages that they sell their silicone sealant in. My guess is that they only provide so many packaging options for the exact same product because it makes it easier for consumers to know for sure that it will work for what they are looking to use it for without having to actually turn a generic package over and do some reading.

djm

Originally Posted by acrylic51
I've seen it in Lowes and I'm there several times a day

There IS a 12 step program for that addiction, ya know.

dogstar

I got it from there 4 years ago.....they just dont keep it were the other silicons are. I think its with the glues...cheap too.

djm

Originally Posted by wattsupdoc
Reffering to you Lowes addiction I believe Acrylic.

Exactly. It was little joke.

jessecnc

This is the exact same stuff as their regular 100% silicone. The only difference is they put the word "aquarium" on there and charge 4 times as much. Good marketing indeed!

acrylic51

Originally Posted by JesseCNC
This is the exact same stuff as their regular 100% silicone. The only difference is they put the word "aquarium" on there and charge 4 times as much. Good marketing indeed!
Very good marketing....