dark spot on belly of the shark(shark keepers)

mr.smiley

I found this dark spot on the belly of my banded cat shark. Could this be where the yolk was? Its very noticable if look on the underside of the shark. He is 6 days old. :notsure:

liontamer

Originally posted by lionfish12
It may just be a birth mark or a spot. Tons of fish have spots on them that ate natural.

OMG! Its not a freaking BIRTH MARK! Fish dont get birth marks, especially not sharks. How could u even work up the nerve to call yerself the "agressive expert"? Newsflash pal. Agressive is spelleed with TWO S's, and TWO G's!!!!! And u claim to have a 4.0 gpa.... Hey bud, that mark on yer shark, yea, its probably just wats remaining from its embryo cord. The insides of its organs are adpating to life without a yolk I believe, and it is kinda like a bruise, like new blood flow and all. Just watch it for a few days, see if it goes away. If not, then u got internal bleeding id believe...

condork12

liontamer you can back up your info how?.... how many sharks have you had that you have the right to correct anyone about sharks?

liontamer

Condork, oh my GOD! I just figured out wat yer avatar is!! Its a SEAHORSE!!!!! I always thought it was some ugly slug type thing stuck between a rock, i dunno. But, umm, fish dont get birthmarks. Scaled depreciate that quality, and it it usually a common trait in mammals, or creatures that give live birth. It rarely, if ever, happens in marine animals (save for dolphins, whales, seals, etc)