darnit! lion wont eat seafood

ive been trying to "ween" my volitans lionfish to eat pieces of squid. but it just hangs out...not interested. My porcupine puffer ends up eating everything. Any tips? secrets? on how to get a lionfish to eat seafood? thanks

perculaman

I had a black lion fish and I loved it so much. Unfortunatly it died because I did not pay attention to my ph. Anyway when I first got it I had a difficult time trying to feed it. They only like live food so it is hard to get them acclimated to a new tank. So what I did was I tied some food to a long piece of thread and I would move the food around like it was alive, after 2 days of doing it the lionfish finally went for it and after that I never had a problem feeding him frozen food. I used to feed it krills and I forget the name of the other food but it is a long silver fish it looks like minos.
Well good luck and be patient.

veskas

You gotta get silversides. Our lionfish loves them. Get it away from "live" freshwater food ASAP. Dangle the silverside at the top of your tank (we use our fingers!) and as soon as you get his attention & he swims for you....let go. Works for us!! Now he even grabs some other frozen food as it floats by.
Good luck!