Day 10...

cdangel0

I think you are on your way to cycling. If you have detectable Nitrite and no ammonia you probably have enough of the beneficial bacteria to already be converting ammonia to nitrite.
By all means keep testnig, but I do believe you are on your way. :cheer:

bob skippy

Have you thought about using Stability? Its made by Seachem. I used it in my new tank when I set it up and it was cycled in a week. I have had no problems what so ever. They say you can put fish in the same day you start using it or any day during the 7 day dosage as long as the dosage is maintained. I gave it a week but my LFS tried it and it worked. They set a new tank up from scratch, added stability and let it sit for couple hours to let the water clear up and then put several different fish in. After a week I had my water tested and it was fine so I put my first fish in...a 12" Bamboo Shark. If you can find it you might give it a try. My brother used it on his reef tank with no problems as well. Check it out on their website...seachem.com. Best of luck and hope this helps.

craig7220

You would be better off sticking with the shrimp and time... I"m not a fan of any additives that supposedly hasten the cycle period.. In the 30 years I've been doing this, I've tried a few, and they always caused more problems then they solved. Throw in another raw shrimp and wait. Your tank will cycle and then the fun begins...

bob skippy

I dont know about Petsmart. You could look and see. Im no expert but I have had no problems in my tank...Im not crazy about additives either but it works. Read about it and make your own conclusion. I know several people who have used it with the same results. No problems.