dead green ricordea pollup.

fishman73

I am kinda new at this. I bought one of the green ricordea pollups from SWF.COM and I put it high up on some rocks close to the light yesterday afternoon. When I came into the office today (where my tank is) the coral was gone. I dont see it anywhere. If it is behind the rocks, it will die, right? If it dies, will it polute the water... So, my question is: do I need to do a search for it? Or can I leave it alone and let one of my urchins find it an eat it? Thank you!

reefkprz

Originally Posted by fishman73
I am kinda new at this. I bought one of the green ricordea pollups from SWF.COM and I put it high up on some rocks close to the light yesterday afternoon. When I came into the office today (where my tank is) the coral was gone. I dont see it anywhere. If it is behind the rocks, it will die, right? If it dies, will it polute the water... So, my question is: do I need to do a search for it? Or can I leave it alone and let one of my urchins find it an eat it? Thank you!

it wont absolutly die, it may attach back there out of site and spread like mad, you never know. I wouldnt worry too much about it though if it does die the impact will be minimal.

saltn00b

was it free floating from swf? if so, you should make sure it is attached to something before placing in a 'risky' locale.

d0 thy d3w

Originally Posted by fishman73
was on a small piece of rock - I just perched it high up close to my lights.
did it come already attatched to the rock? or did u attach it urself?? if u attatched it urself it may have come off from insufficient glue or w/e was used to hold it down...just a thought...