Dead Shrimp and LFS

maduncan

Do LFS usually offer any sort of warranty of their products? I am so mad, my shrimp didnt live but 3 hours. She insisted that it was my water, so I brought her my water and it tested beautifully, so she claims I must have acclimated him wrong. I paid 40 bucks for the shrimp and she said fine she would sell me another for 25 dollars and I should be greatful she was willing to do that because nobody offers any guarentee on shrimp. I said several stores online do and she said whatever. Preceeded to tell me how many 1000's of dollars in fish she has lost and I needed to get over it. Is this usual? I usually shop online, but decided to give my LFS a shot.

A

azul1994

It really depends on the store, at the three stores i shop at, only one has a guarentee and its only 3 days.

chellie4u2

Does it state anywhere that you can see no Guarantee?? My LFS doesn't guarantee any of there live stock... I mostly order from here since they are GREAT!!!

maduncan

Originally Posted by azul1994
http:///forum/post/2486705
It really depends on the store, at the three stores i shop at, only one has a guarentee and its only 3 days.
I would be happy with 3 days! It was the mere fact the thing did not live long more than a few hours and she went on and on about how it was all my fault. I proved her wrong, so she made up a new reason that is was my fault.

m0nk

My main LFS has a guarantee on certain items for 5 days, though they don't have any coverage on shrimp either... and theirs is clearly posted in the fish-room. I'm not sure I'd spend $40 on one shrimp, though.

coachklm

Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33
http:///forum/post/2486744
some live fish stores are just ******.
Comeon .....seriously, I have a daughter that loves this site don't ruin it for her.
Legally if she said she has a garentee that is considered a verbal contract.. if she doesnt specify it then thats her fault,, if she tells you she has a "soo and soo" garuentee on all livestock ... then she's the faulty party because shrimp is live and she stocks it. and can legally be sued...
business law 101.
but if thats seriously the way she talked to you ... she wont be in business for long... dont go back.

maduncan

Originally Posted by m0nk
http:///forum/post/2486800
My main LFS has a guarantee on certain items for 5 days, though they don't have any coverage on shrimp either... and theirs is clearly posted in the fish-room. I'm not sure I'd spend $40 on one shrimp, though.
I know pricey huh... I was trying to avoid spending the 79 here! haha... Wont make that mistake again. She made me bring her my dead shrimp.... techinically didnt she take the return, she should have to give me my money back

xhappyx

sorry to hear about the troubles u had. however i have noticed that shrimp really can be a pain if they aren't acclimated correctly. i'm on my third one this month and (knock on wood) it's doing rather well. i had to acclimate it a bit differently and so far it's paying off. most lfs really don't offer gaureentees on swf.

maduncan

Originally Posted by xhappyx
http:///forum/post/2486912
sorry to hear about the troubles u had. however i have noticed that shrimp really can be a pain if they aren't acclimated correctly. i'm on my third one this month and (knock on wood) it's doing rather well. i had to acclimate it a bit differently and so far it's paying off. most lfs really don't offer gaureentees on swf.
If lfs dont back up the product they sale at all, whats the point of shopping there vs here

snipe

none of my LFS offer a GT on any saltwater anything. Though they do freshwater stuff.
Shrimp arent really all the tricky just drip acclimate like anything els.
Im guessing probably a fire shrimp for $40 if im guessing right?
Usually run around that amount and if she stated she had a QT on her livestock and didnt say "except" certain species and dont have it posted then I would not leave with out my money and I would not be going back. She is trying to rip you.
I agree if she talked to you like that I would tell her were to get off after I got my money back.

phelpz

Both stores I go to out here offer a guaranty. I think theyre both 3 days, and you have to bring in a water sample. You only get store credit also.
But as someone said before some stores arent so great.
I know the stores I go to both qt their live stock for a week before they sell it.
Places like ***** dont do that. They also have no return policy. I had to throw a bitch fit in there once. I bought a fish, and it died. I went in and all the fish in the tank it came from were dead. They gave me my money back.

maduncan

well I am glad to hear, that lfs do offer some sort of guarantee. She said that NO one offers a guarentee on inverbrates and there for I should be grateful, she was willing to do something for me. Its an hour drive for me to go there otherwise, I would. I had my dh drop off my water on his way to work. He is much nicer than me. 2 hours later she called me back and when I told her she was practicing poor buisness practices she told me she would not discuss this any longer. I said fine, but i will not be back and will tell all my friends. Soo here I am telling all my "friends" there are 2 saltwater stores in southern utah, one of them REALLY STINKS!!

angler man

Originally Posted by MaDuncan
http:///forum/post/2486977
well I am glad to hear, that lfs do offer some sort of guarantee. She said that NO one offers a guarentee on inverbrates and there for I should be grateful, she was willing to do something for me. Its an hour drive for me to go there otherwise, I would. I had my dh drop off my water on his way to work. He is much nicer than me. 2 hours later she called me back and when I told her she was practicing poor buisness practices she told me she would not discuss this any longer. I said fine, but i will not be back and will tell all my friends. Soo here I am telling all my "friends" there are 2 saltwater stores in southern utah, one of them REALLY STINKS!!

Curious, what kind of shrimp did you buy, and how long did you acclimate him for?

angler man

Originally Posted by MaDuncan
http:///forum/post/2487321
fire shrimp and I did almost 3 hours, I followed the instructions on this website.

Don't feel bad, I drip acclimated my Coral Banded shrimp for 3 hours with success, then I did the same thing and I killed my butterfly fish according to my lfs for the same reason. The water got too cold.
I guess different locations will justify different prices, but the most expensive Fire Shrimp I have found at one of our LFS's was 29.00. Most sell theirs for 26.00. I have one on order that I only paid 19.00 for. They really are one of the most striking tank additions out there! I hope you have better luck with your next one!

maduncan

Get this last week she was charging almost 60 bucks for the fire shrimp. I should have just stuck with online ordering.