Dead yellow watchman goby

pacopetty

I came home today to find my YW Goby dead

I just put him in Friday. He was the only fish in the tank. It's a FOWLR setup. The only other livestock in it are 5 turbo snails and a coral banded shrimp.
My readings are this:
Temp 78
Salinity 1.023
PH 7.7
KH 9
Nitrite -.3mg
Ammonia 0
I called the LFS where I got him but they weren't any help.
Lets hear what you guys think.

pacopetty

the -.3 nitrites was a typo. nitries are below .3
can you reccomend a good product to raise my PH?
and where I can order it? no LFS where I live.
Andy

I

ivanfj

No product is needed to raise your pH. Water changes would do the job.
Below 0.3 isn't that good. Nitrite has to be at zero.

badkharma

Ivan, sweet vintage Canucks Jersey!!!! I'm down here in L.A. area but grew up in Vancouver all up until college. I love the Canucks! What do you think of their chances this year? I know they tend to be the ultimate choke team, espeically in the 2nd round... :) I hope they win. It's probably a long shot, but it's time. :)

freeride7

How bout there chances should they lose Bertuzzi for that cheap boneheaded move he pulled? Too bad, I like Bertuzzi.
Moore's career may be on the line due to his fractured neck!

aarone

I hope bertuzzi burns in hockey hell for that play....he broke two of moores vertebraes.... BS play and BS hockey....Kind of like hwen mcsorley went after brashear with his stick..Where is he now?

I

ivanfj

:nope: It's totally no good to be a canuck fan right now. People were phoning up to the radio station and said they were embarassed to be a canuck fan. I feel ashamed too. It totally overshadowed the trading deadline. Now the Vancouver police is involved here. Just like the Marty McSorley thing back then.

freeride7

yup, very unfortunate. He wasn't thinking too much. As much as I hate to say it, I think they should throw the book at him, make a statement that this should be happening in the NHL.
True, it happened to Mcsor........where is he now indeed!!

badkharma

That does suck. I didn't find out about it until after my post (I don't get the priviledge of watching them play unless they play the Kings/Ducks). What an awful play. I liked Bertuzzi too. Part of hockey is about hard hits, but not cheap shots like this.