dead

nminunni

Bad news this morning.
I just installed a new nova extreme t5 and a Koralia 2 onto my 20g.
This morning my 6-line was dead and one of my clowns is in critical condition.
Is it possible the powerhead introduced too many air bubbles into the system??? I had it pointed diagonally across the tank but there were a lot of mini bubbles.
The strange thing is, in inverts and my smaller clown are doing fine. IM TOTALLY CONFUSED
I would be grateful for your help

spanko

Should not be blowing bubbles. You have it mounted too close to the water surface. Can't say if the bubbles were what killed your fish or not.

nminunni

thanks :( the clown is still fighting. Its mate is swimming right next to it as it is laying on the floor. Its super sad

florida joe

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2979523
Should not be blowing bubbles. You have it mounted too close to the water surface. Can't say if the bubbles were what killed your fish or not.
We try to super saturate our water I do not think you reached a level where it was detrimental of your fish

nminunni

no longer critical. Just dead.
I am thinking maybe the koralia had some type of contaminant? Its weird because as I said, all the inverts are fine.
I guess we will see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully my last fish will pull through. I do know one thing. I am not putting the powerhead back in, Figure i will try and sell it.

nminunni

I have now lost my other clown resulting in a total crash of all fish, but no inverts seem stressed. Are there any parameters that would affect fish but not inverts???????????????????????? HEELLLPPPP