Death Co funny!

J

jackie dh

I recently stopped at Death co to get some fish food. The young man at the register asked what kind of fish that I had when he saw that I was buying Formula 1 and 2. I told him that I had an Emperor Angel, purple tang and a heniocus Butterfly. He asked if I bought them online? I said yes! He said "did you get them from Saltwaterfish.com?" I said yes! He went on to tell me that he buys all his fish from SWF! I about rolled in the floor! Here he works at a store that sells fish and he buys them here too!
Of course I can't say that I blame him, that store really is a death co, half the fish that they had were dieing and the rest looked really poor. I won't buy any thing from them. They never refuse to sell a fish no matter what condition it's in. I've seen half a dozen purple tangs in there tanks just covered in ick, still for sale at $69 each. And since the tanks are on a central system, if one tank is sick, they all are. Poor fish, and poor people who waste all their money on sick fish!

avbryce1

I think everyone should buy a fish from death co. just to save its life the people that work there dont even know what kind of fish they have!!

cartman101

Originally posted by avbryce1
I think everyone should buy a fish from death co. just to save its life the people that work there dont even know what kind of fish they have!!

I agree!:yes:

avbryce1

just a update: yesterday I bought a falce perc from death co. when I put him in he instantly paired up with the falce perc that I already had, and let my cleaner shrimp do his thing and so far seems to be doing great!! ... it feels good to save a fish from almost certan death (epically sence i've killed a few fish myself)
not to mention they were half the price my lfs was selling them for!
:happyfish

O

osufarker

just a update: yesterday I bought a falce perc from death co. when I put him in he instantly paired up with the falce perc that I already had, and let my cleaner shrimp do his thing and so far seems to be doing great!! ... it feels good to save a fish from almost certan death (epically sence i've killed a few fish myself)
not to mention they were half the price my lfs was selling them for!
:happyfish

Putting any fish, especially from death co as you call it, directly in your tank can lead to trouble. I would suggest setting up a QT. It only takes one time to make your whole tank sick.

avbryce1

I know I know I'm setting one up I just dont have the bottomless
checkbooks that some of the people on this site seem to have
:D

liverock27

The Death Co. near me(stone mtn, Ga) has some of the worst looking fish I have ever seen. One of thier trigers only has one eye and it is still for sale. The guy that works there seems really knowledgeable, but everything there he recommends you can get online for a third of the price. Their seaclone100s are $150 and their emperor 280s are $65. what a rip!!

innsmouth

Buying SWF fish from Pet Co. only perpetuates their interest in restocking. Same goes for buying puppies at the mall. Sure you want to get them outta that little cage. That only puts more cash into the puppy mill (concentration camps) operations. If people stop buying they'll eventually stop selling.

avbryce1

Originally posted by Innsmouth
Buying SWF fish from Pet Co. only perpetuates their interest in restocking. Same goes for buying puppies at the mall. Sure you want to get them outta that little cage. That only puts more cash into the puppy mill (concentration camps) operations. If people stop buying they'll eventually stop selling.

Very good point

bullshark

I know I know I'm setting one up I just dont have the bottomless
checkbooks that some of the people on this site seem to have
:D

Its not about a bottomless checkbook. A 20 or 30 gallon tank and a hob power filter for water movement. How much is that? $50 MAX! I bet some of us have killed more than $50 worth of fish due to non quarantine.....

ratpack

hahahhaah that funny because i use to work at Death Co.
. i only bought a clown fish there an dthe only reason was becasue i made a special orther and as soon as they get to the store i went home. they never feel the death co nasty waster. then i knew about SWF.com and i started buying fish from here and another site.