decide on fish/sea horse

jeepman3sk

I have a 10g tank with 9 punds of live rock. Should i do 2 little nemos (sorry i love that movie) or 2-3 sea horses? Any tips/ideas would be greats thanks everyone.

viper_930

Originally Posted by Jeepman3sk
could i add a firefish in with the 2 clowns or not?
Just the two small clowns and stop it there.

corally

Originally Posted by corally
If you haven't already check out *Link Removed*. They have a ton of info on seahorses.

jeepman if you want the website I was referring to email me at *Email Removed*
. I didn't think they would remove that link.

sweetdawn

unless they are a mated pair in a tank that small they will eventually fight. i keep one small perc and a yellow clown gobie in my ten gallon tank. two fish max. but i also have two peppermint shrimp one cleaner shrimp and a small lobster in there

sweetdawn

all this talk about seahorses today. i went to the lfs and they had two seahorses for 8.99 each they said they were tank raised so they are acclimating in my tank right now

petieaztec

sea horses are cool looking but they are boring. you know that they don't move around a lot and they are harder to take care of. I wanted sae horses too but then i saw them in someone elses tank and didn't like them. just my preference. plus some of them get pretty big so check there tank size requirments first.

L

lbaskball

You can get 2 sea horses, the ones that dont get big. The dwarf seahorses. Only problem is, it might be hard to keep them in a small tank??I have kept a seahorse (6inchs) in my 20gallon tank for about 8months now and people like to say "they are hard to keep" and with my experience, I think they are moderate/easy to keep if you take care of your tank like your suppose to. :) by the way the dwarf sea horses are inexpensive...compared to the big seahorses.

J

jcrim

Originally Posted by lbaskball
You can get 2 sea horses, the ones that dont get pig. The dwarf seahorses. Only problem is, it might be hard to keep them in a small tank. I have kept a seahorse (6inchs) in my 20gallon tank for about 8months now and people like to say "they are hard to keep" and with my experience, I think they are moderate/easy to keep if you take care of your tank like your suppose to. :) by the way the dwarf sea horses are inexpensive...compared to the big seahorses.
If you are interested in dwarves, it is recommended to have 1-2 per gallon. But be prepared to hatch baby brine shrimp every day.

L

lbaskball

Originally Posted by jcrim
If you are interested in dwarves, it is recommended to have 1-2 per gallon. But be prepared to hatch baby brine shrimp every day.

Yup, feeding is the hardest thing. Thankfully, I got mine to understand that froze foods are just as good as live ones.

J

jcrim

Originally Posted by lbaskball
Yup, feeding is the hardest thing. Thankfully, I got mine to understand that froze foods are just as good as live ones.
dwarves?

jeepman3sk

ok i have decided on the clowns over the sea horses BUT here is my next problem i want a firefish really bad what should I do? I think they are beautiful. If i do the firefish what else can i put in there with him? Please tell me 2 nemos hehe but if not tell me i guess i could always settle for one of the little buggers but let me know oh yeah 10g tanks onces agian with 96 watts of light compact jsut ordered it should be at school when i get there