deep sea fishing pics

sharkboy13

somewhat, we didnt keep the dogfish becuz they dont make good eating, tho we caught some cod, haddock and cuskeel, we kept that and ate them

gman08016

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
somewhat, we didnt keep the dogfish becuz they dont make good eating, tho we caught some cod, haddock and cuskeel, we kept that and ate them
Have you ever had them.Many people say that but don't believe everything you hear.They are all white meat with a single piece of cartlidge in the center.Try one broiled on the grille and see if you still say same thing.

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by gman08016
Have you ever had them.Many people say that but don't believe everything you hear.They are all white meat with a single piece of cartlidge in the center.Try one broiled on the grille and see if you still say same thing.
well i didnt try to argue w/ them, i didnt kno, earlybird, my camera decided it wasnt going to work (all the pics from port) and it died, so no more pics aside from these

reefer545

Sweet pics Sharkboy. I wish I could Deep Sea Fishing soon. Congrats on the cod, haddock, and cuskeel. Cod and Haddock are some of my favorites. Shark is edible, but very very wasteful as you really only eat the fins, but I bet you already knew that.

b0bby1

sharkboy where did you go? off the cape?
i got a house up there i go to in the summer quiet often, its in osterville but we go fishing in chatam.

sharkboy13

no, we went off the coast of NH, sorta near maine, pretty nice, saw whales and some dolphins, i gotta pic but its cappy

groupergenius

Originally Posted by REEFER545
Sweet pics Sharkboy. I wish I could Deep Sea Fishing soon. Congrats on the cod, haddock, and cuskeel. Cod and Haddock are some of my favorites. Shark is edible, but very very wasteful as you really only eat the fins, but I bet you already knew that.
Huh? Shark meat is very good. The whole thing. Shark fins are harvested for Japanese Shark fin soup. I eat Blacktip shark quite often. Unfortunately commercial fishermen have spent years cutting the fins off sharks for the simple fact that they get the most money from the fins with the least amount of storage space.
FWIW, I don't eat the fins. The rest of the shark makes much better steaks.

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by firefish9
Hey sharkboy

How big were the other fish?
the cuskeels wer bout 20in, the cod wer like 28in

jonfletch01

Nice fish... did you charter a boat or take a personal boat out...? how far out were you..? thought I'd show my catch from last week...

sharkboy13

ummm, idk how far we wer out but i think the depth of the water was like 50,000ft? im not sure and it was a friends boat

sharkboy13

it was actually kinda funny, i went again about two weekends ago on a chartered bout w/ ppl from my uncles job (no camera) and some1 next to me and i got tangled w/ each other, once we had untangled the lines i was reeling up and i was like "omg this is heavy" it was two 4 and 5ft dogfish, i called one of the deckhands over and asked what i should do, she looked at the dogfish, looked at me and slashed the line, she wasnt gonna even bother lol

pbienkiewi

The girlfriend and I just went deep sea fishing out on Hampton NH, 7/21/07. She has not been on a boat in a long time. She rented a rod which kept getting tangled because it didn't have the line guide for when she reeled it in. It is nice that I have my own Penn Rod and reel. I caught a 23in haddock and a 24 in cusk. The girlfriend caught about 6 or 7 dogfish. The deck crew would kill or rip out the noses of the dog fish. Kind of sad to see! There was this one guy who worked on the boat. He was on the bow and would cast his jig out in front of everyones lines. I understand we are drifting but he was tagling up other peoples line. He was flipping out saying "Damn I lost a big one" He would comment on how he had a big one on his line. Then was reeling it in and saying how he has a big one on. When he had it in t had to be less than 24". I laughed to my self when I saw how big it was. When he caught a couple of keepers he slammed them down on the boat to kill them. Then he walked around nice and proud. I looked at the girlfriend and shook my head. I felt like saying something but I did say "Yeah right you aint watching my children" God do I Love people
The biggest fish I ever caught was a 28 pound Cod I caught 2 yrs ago. Man were my arms soar.I won the pool with it too. I took home $200+

pbienkiewi

Matter of fact. When I caught that cod I was using whole mackerell. There were several people I always see when I go fishing on the boat. They must have season passes. They were giving me crap about using a whole mackerell. Oh guess what, Guess what they started to use after I caught that cod.