dem bling* bling* fish

myerst22

Keeping the meletremus with the Rhino was no problem what so ever. If any fish was in danger it is the borbonius anthias. By the way the most commonly used named for the anthias is the Blotchy anthias. When I acquired the anthias, it was from one of the first few shipments to the states. They were Very blingy!!! It seems over the last year and a half they are easily obtained every 4 months or so. The last batch being WAYYYYY! cheaper than what I paid for. Also after being properly quarantined, (internal parasites being a majoe issue), they are extremely hardy. Think hawkfish hardy. Later, T
Some more pics for you guys!

Probably one of my favorite pics.

Forgot to add this fish to my pics. I have had this Tang forever and love him to death. So simple yet so beautiful, but certainly qualifies for being blingy. Zebrasoma rostratum

This is almost definately my favorite pic. The Rhinopias is the only fish I could never get to feed on frozen. So the little petrified damsel is about to be dinner. I love the concentration of the Rhinopias and the sheer terror of the damsel. Who says fish can't show expression??? Oh the humanity!!!!!!!!

mx#28

Originally Posted by olga21
http:///forum/post/2846740
really, can you show me were I can get an angler for 25-40 bucks? I wouldnt mind having another. thanks
SWF has them - just follow the link on the upper left to see their fish. I'm sure you could also make a request at your LFS.
Be careful, though, frogfish can and will cannibalise if their sizes aren't very similar.

olga21

Yea, loving da bling bling pics! I always wanted a black tang but now I think I want that butterfly too.

myerst22

I can certainly post pics of "bling" fish by the biat load but they are not mine. As I have an extensive catalog of fish pics. T

olga21

YEA, YEA do you mind posting some more cool pics of rare fish. I think everyone has loved looking at them I know I have. What kinda job you have to were you deal with these awesome fish? Thanks so Much

olga21

That Hawaiian Butterfly fish is my new favorite fish. I would love to get one but my tank is a bit to crowded. They probally need what 100 gallons? Where can I find some info on them?

jeanheckle

Originally Posted by Rotarymagic
http:///forum/post/2846770
dragon moray eel, goldentail moray eel, dwarf golden moray eel, weedy/hairy rhinopias/scorpionfish, checked swallow tail (had to look that one up), mappa puffer, Hawaiian butterfly, male hawaiian crosshatch trigger.
Most impressive young skywalker

alh

I just showed my husband the $2900 gem tang on DD, and to my great surprise he said that he wouldn't be mad if I bought that. And we are middle class folk. I'ts tempting, but if I had a spare $2900 I'd be putting it towards bills.

myerst22

Well 2900 is a crazy amount of money for a fish but there are fish that go for 3-5 times that amount. Pics below. T

C

cristiangarcia

What kind of fish is that red/white stripe fish....its sweet!!!!?

olga21

Those fish are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never seen fish like those. Thanks for the pics. That file fish are trigger is my new favorite fish and my new background screen. Thanks again!

aquaknight

Most of those fish are one of a kind morphs/crossbreds, or fish so rare they've only been collected 1 or 2 times. Not really fish 'in the industry' in the same light as Gem Tangs or Conspicuous Angels which are available if you want to buy.
The trigger just an Undulated. His unique color comes from it's special local diet. Once in captivity, it's colors return to regular Undulated colors.